Police records

Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future
Default Police records

Hi,

I have just a quick question:
Will I need the police criminal records from both the US and my home country? I've been in the US for the past 2 years (legally) and I'll be marrying an American and petition for AOS.

Thanks.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:34 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police records

Originally posted by GoodGirl_J
Hi,

I have just a quick question:
Will I need the police criminal records from both the US and my home country? I've been in the US for the past 2 years (legally) and I'll be marrying an American and petition for AOS.

Thanks.
No, they will do an FBI and police check on you. You just need a police certificate from your home country and any other country you lived in for 6 months or more

Patrick

She's a good girl, crazy about elvis, loves jesus.......
Old Apr 25th 2003, 5:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default police reports

Just an interesting general note on police and military records/reports. My fiance is an Iranian citizen, living in Turkey. I was worried about how long it would take him to get this information; Iran has lots of red tape in their system (it took them a year and a half to replace his damaged passport). I have an immigration lawyer, and I was very pleasantly surprised when she showed me a memo she received from INS/BCIS which stated in BOLD LETTERS (to the best of my recollection)

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETRIEVE POLICE AND/OR MILITARY RECORDS FROM THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES. THE GOVERNMENTS OF THESE COUNTRIES WILL NOT RELEASE THIS INFORMATION FOR ANY REASON.

To my relief, both Iran and Turkey were on the list, among many other "terrorist type" countries. She told me not to even worry about that part of it, since the BCIS directive was to NOT request that information. They evidently will not expect to see that paperwork in my file at any time. This was as of last month (March 2003). It was a great relief to me!

On the other hand, isn't it ironic that the countries that the USA deems more of a 'threat' are the ones that aren't required to supply police and military records? hmmmm....

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:06 am
Jewels

>
    > DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETRIEVE POLICE AND/OR MILITARY RECORDS FROM THE
    > FOLLOWING COUNTRIES. THE GOVERNMENTS OF THESE COUNTRIES WILL NOT
    > RELEASE THIS INFORMATION FOR ANY REASON.
    >
    > To my relief, both Iran and Turkey were on the list...

Hi Rene,
I don't remember which website I seen this on after you told me about
it but you are 100% correct in that. I am not sure but it might have
been Mudall's sight that I read it.

Your 10 steps ahead of everyone here!

Old Apr 26th 2003, 3:08 am
Ron

The Department of State is the approving authority for visas, and State's
website says police records are available from Turkey, I would verify this.

"Jewels" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETRIEVE POLICE AND/OR MILITARY RECORDS FROM THE
    > > FOLLOWING COUNTRIES. THE GOVERNMENTS OF THESE COUNTRIES WILL NOT
    > > RELEASE THIS INFORMATION FOR ANY REASON.
    > >
    > > To my relief, both Iran and Turkey were on the list...
    > Hi Rene,
    > I don't remember which website I seen this on after you told me about
    > it but you are 100% correct in that. I am not sure but it might have
    > been Mudall's sight that I read it.
    > Your 10 steps ahead of everyone here!