Police officers going to the US

Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:15 pm
None1234

Default Police officers going to the US

I was wondering if there was any specific path a police officer from canada
would take to immigrate to the US as a police officer. Thanks...

Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police officers going to the US

Originally Posted by None1234
I was wondering if there was any specific path a police officer from canada would take to immigrate to the US as a police officer.
You can not move to the US as a police officer! You would have to move as a person and then pass the US training requirements - including a civil service exam, physical fitness exam, a polygraph, drug test, background check, credit check, personality test, interview, and anything else they decide. Don't expect your foreign education credentials to carry any weight... the US is not obligated to accept foreign credentials. Further, many police forces require that you be a US citizen, although some will allow you to join if you are a PR.

Ian