Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Police Clearence (When can you Apply?)

Police Clearence (When can you Apply?)

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Joe_Daisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Clearence (When can you Apply?)

I have filed for a I129F Petition on March 27th 2003. I wanted to know when can my girl apply for the Police Clearence? Does the INS send her a form to apply? I just want to know if she can do this now or does she have to wait for some notice. Because I know it takes around 20-30 Days to process this. I just wonder if we could get that proccessed to save some time.

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

kaneda is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the FAQ (4.3.2.), she can already apply for the police certificate before getting a notice from the embassy if the country she's in will actually provide it to her (many do). So yes, by all means she should do it.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance is from the UK. He went to the local police station to request a police certificate, filled out the appropriate form they gave him and paid 10 <insert pound key>. He did so shortly after we sent our petition in, as he arrived back in London after his visit here. This will certainly save time! See our timeline below. Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, same as above. I walked into my local police station, told them I was applying for a visa and needed my police record(certificate), the lady behind the desk knew right away what I needed to fill in. The form took about 10 minutes to fill in and cost me £10 pounds. I also had to provide two forms of I.D. to which my passport and a bill with my address on was enough. See my timeline below to see how long it took.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:51 pm
Helend

Default Re: Police Clearence (When can you Apply?)

Pimpbot wrote in message news:...
    > Yep, same as above. I walked into my local police station, told them I
    > was applying for a visa and needed my police record(certificate), the
    > lady behind the desk knew right away what I needed to fill in. The form
    > took about 10 minutes to fill in and cost me £10 pounds. I also had to
    > provide two forms of I.D. to which my passport and a bill with my
    > address on was enough. See my timeline below to see how long it took.

Hello, how could tell me,

if there is a special form that I can download and that form is
supposed to be filled out at local police office? Or they can write in
any form that I am not convicted crime?

Thanks

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Heland, as far as I know, you have to fill the form out at your local police station, pay the required fee, and they mail it for you from there. There is no downloadable form that I know of. Good luck