Police Certificates from the US

Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:19 am
Just Joined

meethe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificates from the US

The US Embassy in London lists the United States as one of the countries from which the embassy directly obtains police certificates. Does anyone have experience with this in terms of added processing time? I have lived in a three different places in the US (college, grad school, work).
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:31 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificates from the US

Originally Posted by meethe
The US Embassy in London lists the United States as one of the countries from which the embassy directly obtains police certificates. Does anyone have experience with this in terms of added processing time? I have lived in a three different places in the US (college, grad school, work).
Are you a spouse, fiance, usc? Just wondering why you are the one getting the police cert as you seem to live in the US.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:38 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it would add a long time to the processing -- that's a good question. My understanding is that they do a security check anyway as a matter of course, don't they? You could always obtain the police certificates yourself but I don't know if that will speed up the process at all, especially if you've already mailed in your checklist.

Sorry I don't have much more to give than that. Personally I don't think it should be a problem.

~ Jenney
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:41 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

You mean a police certificate from the US? Even if you lived in the US, you don't need one as they run their own criminal background checks.
I have seen people ask for the certificate about 100000 times and they were always told "You don't need one", one clear example is Steffi.
Take care!!
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:15 am
Just Joined

meethe is an unknown quantity at this point

Just that in some places they list the US as a "don't bother" country vis a vis police certificates, but on the London embassy website they list it as a "the embassy will obtain it" country (along with New Zealand, Netherlands etc).

[I am a non USC fiance who doesn't live in US any more.]

So i was just wondering if the general background check covers US police certificates. I can only imagine how long it would take the embassy to track down certificates for individuals.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 11:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The general security check is through the IBIS and the FBI. Yes, you will be cleared through the US criminal databases.

Just that in some places they list the US as a "don't bother" country vis a vis police certificates, but on the London embassy website they list it as a "the embassy will obtain it" country (along with New Zealand, Netherlands etc).

[I am a non USC fiance who doesn't live in US any more.]

So i was just wondering if the general background check covers US police certificates. I can only imagine how long it would take the embassy to track down certificates for individuals.