Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Police certificates & expired passports

Police certificates & expired passports

Old Feb 12th 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

pinky79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police certificates & expired passports

Hello,

I am almost 5 months into the I129F stage of the process, i have already got my police certificates (one for UK & one for another country i lived in for over 12 months) as i got these a while ago on looking through them recently i have realised that i since getting them done i have moved & renewed my passport as it was due to expire in 6 months time, do you think that i will need to get them done again with my current passport details & address or should it be sufficient enough?

Also as it has been a few months i don't recall if i included a copy of my passport details in the I129F package, does anyone know if they required copy of UKC passport information?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:35 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificates & expired passports

What will create a need for new police certificates is their age at the time of interview. The closer they get to being a year old the more likely you'll be asked to get current ones.
Originally Posted by pinky79
I am almost 5 months into the I129F stage of the process, i have already got my police certificates (one for UK & one for another country i lived in for over 12 months) as i got these a while ago on looking through them recently i have realised that i since getting them done i have moved & renewed my passport as it was due to expire in 6 months time, do you think that i will need to get them done again with my current passport details & address or should it be sufficient enough?
You didn't keep a copy of your I-129f submission
Also as it has been a few months i don't recall if i included a copy of my passport details in the I129F package ...
Regards, JEff
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificates & expired passports

Police certificates are good for 1 year from the time you obtained them. If your interview falls close to the 1-year mark, you might need new ones. But you don't need new ones just because you moved or because you have a new passport, no.

Also as it has been a few months i don't recall if i included a copy of my passport details in the I129F package, does anyone know if they required copy of UKC passport information?
Ask you fiance(e) if it was included in the I-129F package. That said, why does it matter now? If one was required and was sent, you're OK. If one wasn't required and was sent, you're OK. The only issue would be if one was required and wasn't sent...in which case your USC fiance(e) will get an RFE asking for it.

Rene