Police Certificates

Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Police Certificates

We have just started the K3 process (mailed the I-130 on Nov. 5), but we wanted to get a head start on my husband's police certificates because it seems like they can take a long time to obtain.

Since he was 16 he's lived in three countries: UK, Ireland, US (on a work visa).

Is there a website explaining how to obtain these certificates? Do they expire or can we get them now?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

gyo531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Certificates

Originally posted by Buendia
We have just started the K3 process (mailed the I-130 on Nov. 5), but we wanted to get a head start on my husband's police certificates because it seems like they can take a long time to obtain.

Since he was 16 he's lived in three countries: UK, Ireland, US (on a work visa).

Is there a website explaining how to obtain these certificates? Do they expire or can we get them now?
Hi,
Yes it's the best to be prepared ahead to avoid unnecessary delays and much much longer wait .
Try these web sites . I'm sure u'll get plenty of answers for ur questions here.
http://www.kamya.com/misc/polcert.html
http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/index.htm

Best Regards
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:38 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

He will not have to apply for a US police record, that is done by the USCIS themselves during the K1/K3 process. He only need worry about obtaining the UK/Irish record.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the replies!

We'll definitely get started on these. (It's me really, I just need something to do while we're waiting).
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:58 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

No it isn't you.
When you are going through this process, the need to feel that you are doing something is overwhelming.
I had all the documents I needed together months before I received my NOA2. Being pro-active is a good thing.

We'll definitely get started on these. (It's me really, I just need something to do while we're waiting).
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by CharlieS
No it isn't you.
When you are going through this process, the need to feel that you are doing something is overwhelming.
I had all the documents I needed together months before I received my NOA2. Being pro-active is a good thing.
I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this discussion group... my wonderful friends all email constantly for updates on the process, but they don't really understand. I'm an architect, and very organized, and used to being in control. I'm trying to treat this as another project, but obviously it's much more personal.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this discussion group... my wonderful friends all email constantly for updates on the process, but they don't really understand. I'm an architect, and very organized, and used to being in control. I'm trying to treat this as another project, but obviously it's much more personal.
Hi Buendia,

Just wanted to say best wishes, and with your organizational skills, you'll probably have an easy time of it. It can be overwhelming at times (trust me! lol) but you've got the right attitude. And you're right, people who aren't involved in this process don't really have a clue. You've come to the right place! :-)

Rene