Point of Entry Q - US address

Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Lucy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Point of Entry Q - US address

Hi,
Now that I have my interview date I want to be totally prepared!
Once my husband and I get issued his visa, fly to the States and go through the POE stage, we are staying with a friend for the first month while we find an apartment. Can we give this address for their records (and sending paperwork)? Do we need our friends to verify that we are going to stay with them?
Thanks for any info from people who have made it to the other end!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Point of Entry Q - US address

Originally Posted by Lucy1979
Hi,
Once my husband and I get issued his visa, fly to the States and go through the POE stage, we are staying with a friend for the first month while we find an apartment. Can we give this address for their records (and sending paperwork)? Do we need our friends to verify that we are going to stay with them?
Yep. Get your friend to put your name on the mailbox and tell the mailman if s/he's their regular one -- USPS have a horrible habit of returning the GC to USCIS if they don't think you live there.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucy1979
Hi,
Woohoo.. almost done!

When you come through the POE and your husband is being admitted, the officer will ask to confirm his mailing address (or "should".. this is the time husband has to remember to speak up if not asked). You can then give the friend's address and that's where the Green Card will be mailed (and SSN, if ordered on DS-230II)

Your friends don't' need to verify this or anything. But, when you and husband move, you will need to carefully follow the changing address guides and each of you have your own type of address change form to complete.

Here's an article with other info on coming through the POE:

The following article is for Immigrant Visa holders arriving in the US for the first time with their visa: Welcome to America!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Lucy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! am so excited! Finding it hard to work yet worrying it might not all go according to plan! Thanks as always!!