POE question

Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POE question

If you have come through JFK...what exactly was stamped on your passport? Did you get a red stamp saying admitted the date...class until......?

If it was another POE do you have the stamp on your passport that I describe above?

Please I need answers to this. If anyone can answer, I'd appreciate.

Thanks
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POE question

Originally posted by d_medina
If you have come through JFK...what exactly was stamped on your passport? Did you get a red stamp saying admitted the date...class until......?

If it was another POE do you have the stamp on your passport that I describe above?

Thanks

Is there a problem? Jim got a similar stamp as you described in his passport in 1998 when he entered at the drive through at Lake Champlain, New York. Also the same stamps whenever he activated a new advance parole.

Rete
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:10 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
My now husband entered in February through Chicago on a K1 and has the stamp that you describe. The officer wrote in "K1" for class of admission and the date his K1 expires.

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

We got a red stamp in the passport indicating K-3 status and a validity date of two years. We also had the I-94 stapled into the passport to avoid losing it. I had a small problem working out of the country and lost my I-94. Since then I always staple it into my passport. I have never lost my passsport yet, but always make several copies when traveling or working abroad.

Thanks
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Rete...I ask because I'm confused about something.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

My husband's stamp says the day he was admitted, class until R-1 and underneath that line his A#.

What is R-1?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:25 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
We also had the I-94 stapled into the passport to avoid losing it.
Yes, I should have said this as well. The officer in Chicago stapled the I-94 into the passport. When we made copies of it for his AOS application, we removed it from the passport, made the copies, and immediately stapled it back in again to avoid losing it!

~SG
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's stamp says the day he was admitted, class until R-1 and underneath that line his A#.

What is R-1?
[Permanent] Resident-1 (1 = Immediate Family Classification)

There is no C in there is there? If not then his status is non-conditional.

Usually people report it is written as LPR-1 Legal/Lawful Permanent Resident or CPR-1 Conditional Permanent Resident.

Hope this helps, unless, you didnt want me to respond in which case I will delete my reply :-)

Rete
The Missus

What is R-1?
I don't know what R-1 is, but is it possible that it's just a case of messy handwriting? Was he a K-1? If so, the officer may have just closed up the top of the K so that it looks like an R? The officer in Chicago did not have the neatest handwriting either.....

~SG
The Missus

Originally posted by SecretGarden
I don't know what R-1 is, but is it possible that it's just a case of messy handwriting? Was he a K-1? If so, the officer may have just closed up the top of the K so that it looks like an R? The officer in Chicago did not have the neatest handwriting either.....

~SG
Ok, just saw Rete's reply! Never mind........

~SG
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Just to add to my original reply, did your husband also get an I-551 stamp in his passport and was he fingerprinted and perhaps photographed for his green card while at the POE.

Originally posted by Rete
[Permanent] Resident-1 (1 = Immediate Family Classification)

Usually people report it is written as LPR-1 Legal/Lawful Permanent Resident or CPR-1 Conditional Permanent Resident.

Hope this helps, unless, you didnt want me to respond in which case I will delete my reply :-)

Rete
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

[Immediate] Resident-1 (1 = Immediate Family Classification)

Hope this helps, unless, you didnt want me to response in which case I will delete my reply :-)

Rete
Unconditional? What does that mean? There is no C anywhere in his passport. Does this mean he can travel?

Your replys don't bother me...what would make you think so? I'm just confused about something here and I need help figuring it out. I very much appreciate your help. I'm clueless as to what's going on with my husband....he went to the consulate this morning and I was so confused about what they told him. This is why I need some answers if anyone may help.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Just to add to my original reply, did your husband also get an I-551 stamp in his passport and was he fingerprinted and perhaps photographed for his green card while at the POE.
Secret garden...it's definately an R there...very clearly...

He didn't get a I-551 stamp...he was fingerprinted and a picture was taken.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Unconditional? What does that mean? There is no C anywhere in his passport. Does this mean he can travel?

Your replys don't bother me...what would make you think so? I'm just confused about something here and I need help figuring it out. I very much appreciate your help. I'm clueless as to what's going on with my husband....he went to the consulate this morning and I was so confused about what they told him. This is why I need some answers if anyone may help.

I'm sorry now I am on the one who is very very confused after reading your timeline.

How did your husband enter the US when he was given the R-1 classification? K-3 or on an US Consulate approved I-130? Your answer will help a lot. Also knowing exactly what you are confused about and what the US Consulate told me.

Rete
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sorry now I am on the one who is very very confused after reading your timeline.

How did your husband enter the US when he was given the R-1 classification? K-3 or on an US Consulate approved I-130? Your answer will help a lot. Also knowing exactly what you are confused about and what the US Consulate told me.

Rete
He came in on a K1 and when he entered he got the R-1 stamp I'm describing...I don't know if it was a mistake or what...but I'm being told he may return because of that stamp...this is what the consulate told my husband....and he asked them many times "are you sure?" they were like yes go! are you flying today?...he had gone to the consulate originally to ask about the K3 process becase we started it thinking he cannot return as he entered US on K1, but then this is on his passport so I'm not sure anymore. They even called the supervisor out to ask and was told that he can travel back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.