Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please review this. TSC PROTEST INFO! This will be sent as a cover sheet....

Please review this. TSC PROTEST INFO! This will be sent as a cover sheet....

Old Mar 11th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please review this. TSC PROTEST INFO! This will be sent as a cover sheet....

...as a cover sheet to the TSC to inform them of the protest. Attached to this will be our press release. I will post the press release later tonight. Please review and I welcome suggestions.

-Steve

=========================

Attention: TSC Management
Regarding: I-129F Protest, Friday March 14th

My name is Stephen Michael Palik and I am the spokesperson for a protest being held this Friday, regarding the adjudication of I-129F Fiancé Visa Applications. It will take place on public property in front of your facility. Attached to this form is the press release being sent to local and national media as well as elected Congressmen and Senators of the petitioners involved.

We are very concerned with the numerous inconsistencies from the TSC regarding both our personal and the overall processing of these applications. These inconsistencies have been extremely frustrating to both our elected government officials and especially us. We additionally feel as though the extreme length of time to process our applications is unreasonable.

Due to our inability to contact you through traditional methods, as well as though our elected officials, we feel very strongly that we need to hold this protest Friday. The frustration has become unbearable to all of us and we feel that this is now our only recourse. We truly wish that we could save both our time and expense, as well as yours, but this has gone beyond our ability to cope with. We all feel betrayed by the government that we all trusted so dearly, and want so much to trust again. Please understand we are all just human, and this situation has gone beyond our capacity to be silent.

Sincerely,

Stephen Michael Palik
Protest Spokesman

(cell) 352-246-6666
(work) 407-356-3499

(add petitioners names & numbers)
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Two humble observations:

Sentence ending "cope with" is less awkward as simply "cope" and less subject to criticisms of correctness.

Consider telling them what you want or hope to achieve. A letter "for informational purposes only" is not a motivator, but can be seen as antagonistic.. E.g., you might say, "We would like the opportunity to discuss these issues with you, " or, "This is your opportunity to make an official statement to the press," or, "We intend to keep doing this until we see changes in the issues mentioned above."
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:45 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please review this. TSC PROTEST INFO! This will be sent as a cover sheet....

Originally posted by Steve2003
...as a cover sheet to the TSC to inform them of the protest. Attached to this will be our press release. I will post the press release later tonight. Please review and I welcome suggestions.

-Steve

=========================

Attention: TSC Management
Regarding: I-129F Protest, Friday March 14th

My name is Stephen Michael Palik and I am the spokesperson for a protest being held this Friday, regarding the adjudication of I-129F Fiancé Visa Applications. It will take place on public property in front of your facility. Attached to this form is the press release being sent to local and national media as well as elected Congressmen and Senators of the petitioners involved.

We are very concerned with the numerous inconsistencies from the TSC regarding both our personal and the overall processing of these applications. These inconsistencies have been extremely frustrating to both our elected government officials and especially us. We additionally feel as though the extreme length of time to process our applications is unreasonable.

Due to our inability to contact you through traditional methods, as well as though our elected officials, we feel very strongly that we need to hold this protest Friday. The frustration has become unbearable to all of us and we feel that this is now our only recourse. We truly wish that we could save both our time and expense, as well as yours, but this has gone beyond our ability to cope with. We all feel betrayed by the government that we all trusted so dearly, and want so much to trust again. Please understand we are all just human, and this situation has gone beyond our capacity to be silent.

Sincerely,

Stephen Michael Palik
Protest Spokesman

(cell) 352-246-6666
(work) 407-356-3499

(add petitioners names & numbers)

Proofing and suggestion:

Due to our inability to contact you through traditional methods, as well as though our elected officials.......... should be through our elected officials.

Personally, I don't know as I would put in the bit about trusting our government etc. because you are using the elected officials of said government as teammates in this release.........perhaps saying we want to trust in the system as it was meant to operate, or some such. Backing someone into a corner is no way to make friends and influence people. I liek Bobzy's suggestion of we would like the opportunity to discuss these issues with you etc. Downplay the emotion.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bobzy
Two humble observations:

Sentence ending "cope with" is less awkward as simply "cope" and less subject to criticisms of correctness.

Consider telling them what you want or hope to achieve. A letter "for informational purposes only" is not a motivator, but can be seen as antagonistic.. E.g., you might say, "We would like the opportunity to discuss these issues with you, " or, "This is your opportunity to make an official statement to the press," or, "We intend to keep doing this until we see changes in the issues mentioned above."

ok, I made those changes.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Please review this. TSC PROTEST INFO! This will be sent as a cover sheet....

Originally posted by cindyabs
Proofing and suggestion:

Due to our inability to contact you through traditional methods, as well as though our elected officials.......... should be through our elected officials.

Personally, I don't know as I would put in the bit about trusting our government etc. because you are using the elected officials of said government as teammates in this release.........perhaps saying we want to trust in the system as it was meant to operate, or some such. Backing someone into a corner is no way to make friends and influence people. I liek Bobzy's suggestion of we would like the opportunity to discuss these issues with you etc. Downplay the emotion.

ok, here is the last paragraph again.... what do you think. Did I make it less "rude"

"Due to our inability to contact you through both traditional methods as well as though our elected officials, we feel very strongly that we need to hold this protest Friday. The frustration has become unbearable to all of us and we feel that this is now our only recourse. We truly wish that we could save both our time and expense, as well as yours, but this has gone beyond our ability to cope. We all feel let down by our government. Please understand we are all just human, and this situation has gone beyond our capacity to be silent. We just truly want the opportunity to discuss these issues with you."
Old Mar 11th 2003, 11:44 pm
Sophisgent

Son, you are hopeless.

Stop trying to please everybody and turn the Press Release loose sometime
before the Protest.

Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:08 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Please review this. TSC PROTEST INFO! This will be sent as a cover

Sophisgent wrote:
    >
    > Son, you are hopeless.
    >
    > Stop trying to please everybody and turn the Press Release loose sometime
    > before the Protest.

Didn't you previously claim:

1. The earlier protest was sucssful
2. The earlier press release was successful
3. The TSC floodgates are open

So, what exactly is this new protest?

Old Mar 12th 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mrtravel
Didn't you previously claim:

1. The earlier protest was sucssful
2. The earlier press release was successful
3. The TSC floodgates are open

So, what exactly is this new protest?
I'm not part of that group, but as a person who is eating crow these days, I can make observations to (1) and (3) above:

After their protest, the first petitions to be processed were from that group (cf. davehollis board). Protesters got special attention, evidence that someone at TSC was indeed listening and concerned in a way which suggests an attempt to shut them up.

It is not clear to me that "floodgates are open", but there is at least a disorganized spew as if from a burst frozen pipe. Approvals seem to have no order. I see petitions with NOAs the month after mine being approved, but have concurrently seen those withNOAs the month before me complain of not yet receiving a second NOA. I presume that it is this sort of mis-management that is the general complaint in the letter with regard to TSC inconsistencies.

As for your point number 2 -- I am still waiting for someone to post dates and page numbers to meet the claim that this resulted in an article in Wall Street Journal and other national newspapers. Puffy claims only serve to discredit.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

trasmus will become famous soon enoughtrasmus will become famous soon enough

Funny that the WallStreet Journal would print something about this protest and not the local newspapers here in Dallas/Texas. I've not heard nor read anything about it.

T.R.