PLEASE HELP... need answers!

Old May 27th 2009, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Melania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE HELP... need answers!

Hello there,
I am so sad and nervous because I missed my appointment to get my fingerprints for naturalization. I was all my fault. I already paid $675 fees and now my application is considered abandoned.
What does that mean when you're application is abandoned? Am I required to pay the $675 fees again?
I tried to call the USCIS but they are closed. What should I do?
Thank you so much!

Melania
Old May 27th 2009, 12:20 am
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE HELP... need answers!

If you have already received the notice that your application has been deemed abandoned, then although you can try to ask them to re-open and reconsider, I would not hold out a lot of hope for USCIS' mercy. You'll probably need to refile.

If you have NOT YET received a notice that your application has been abandoned, hie thee hence to the ASC (fingerprint office), show them the appointment letter, tell them you missed your appointment, could they please take you now, that you're willing to wait. Be nice. Smile. Look apologetic. Don't stamp your foot. Don't insist. Don't shout. Don't attempt to stand on your rights -- you have none in this case. Be appropriately chagrined and humble. They'll probably do it.

Best.

--J Craig Fong
Old May 27th 2009, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JCraigFong
If you have already received the notice that your application has been deemed abandoned, then although you can try to ask them to re-open and reconsider, I would not hold out a lot of hope for USCIS' mercy. You'll probably need to refile.

If you have NOT YET received a notice that your application has been abandoned, hie thee hence to the ASC (fingerprint office), show them the appointment letter, tell them you missed your appointment, could they please take you now, that you're willing to wait. Be nice. Smile. Look apologetic. Don't stamp your foot. Don't insist. Don't shout. Don't attempt to stand on your rights -- you have none in this case. Be appropriately chagrined and humble. They'll probably do it.

Best.

--J Craig Fong

I haven't received a notice that my application has been abandoned so I will go to the fingerprints department tomorrow and beg them to take my fingerprints. Thank you so much for your help!
Old May 27th 2009, 12:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Melania, I agree.. the biometrics people are pretty good about helping you out of a missed appointment if you go ask nicely.
If you have not already had a letter saying your N-400 is dead, go to the biometrics place and ask really nicely.
Old May 27th 2009, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Melania, I agree.. the biometrics people are pretty good about helping you out of a missed appointment if you go ask nicely.
If you have not already had a letter saying your N-400 is dead, go to the biometrics place and ask really nicely.

My appointment was scheduled on May 22nd at 12pm and I don't know how in the world I missed it! It was a lack of scheduled on my part. Thank you for your help!
Old May 27th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melania
My appointment was scheduled on May 22nd at 12pm and I don't know how in the world I missed it! It was a lack of scheduled on my part. Thank you for your help!
fongers crossed..please let us know how you get on
Old May 27th 2009, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

I went down to the the fingerprint office early this morning at 7:45am and they opened at 8am. There was like 20 people there but there was no wait at all!
They didn't even asked me about my missed appointment and just took my fingerprints. I was done in 15 minutes. I am so happy and thankful!!! Thank you all for the help!
Old May 27th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I went down to the the fingerprint office early this morning at 7:45am and they opened at 8am. There was like 20 people there but there was no wait at all!
They didn't even asked me about my missed appointment and just took my fingerprints. I was done in 15 minutes. I am so happy and thankful!!! Thank you all for the help!
hey that's great...crisis averted
Old May 27th 2009, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lisa67
hey that's great...crisis averted

They gave me a test with 100 questions to study. Do you know when they will contact me or how long will it take to get my citizenship? Thank you!
Old May 27th 2009, 6:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

They gave me a test with 100 questions to study. Do you know when they will contact me or how long will it take to get my citizenship? Thank you!
No way of knowing. Don't have a clue what service center and district office you are using. You can always checkout the time guidelines on the USCIS site.
Old May 27th 2009, 6:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on your local office backlog. My husband just became a USC here in Phoenix, Arizona, and it took exactly 5 months from filing the N-400 to the Oath Ceremony.

Study!

Rene
Old May 27th 2009, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It depends on your local office backlog. My husband just became a USC here in Phoenix, Arizona, and it took exactly 5 months from filing the N-400 to the Oath Ceremony.

Study!

Rene
Thank you so much! I am going to study the materials that they gave me.
I sent in my application and in two weeks, I was asked to get my fingerprints.
So hopefully, the rest will be as fast.
Old May 27th 2009, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know when they will contact me or how long will it take to get my citizenship?
We're not mind readers... what district office are you using?

Ian