Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please Help I really need Advice!!!

Please Help I really need Advice!!!

Old May 20th 2009, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

bianca08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help I really need Advice!!!

My first application for I-751 was terminated because my husband and I didn't show up for the interview since we were already in the process of divorce. I went and talked to an IO before my divorced was finalized and he told me to re-file for I-751 when my divorce is final and if I don't get NTA. So last month, April 14, 2009 I filed for I-751 waiver. I got my reciept after 3 weeks and next week is my biometric appointment. My big problem is I received a Notice to Appear to a judge yesterday, the later said that the time and date will be set. I'm really confused because I already re-filed last month, what should I do? Please give me an advice, I'm really worried right now.

Thank you!
Old May 20th 2009, 5:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help I really need Advice!!!

Originally Posted by bianca08
My first application for I-751 was terminated because my husband and I didn't show up for the interview since we were already in the process of divorce. I went and talked to an IO before my divorced was finalized and he told me to re-file for I-751 when my divorce is final and if I don't get NTA. So last month, April 14, 2009 I filed for I-751 waiver. I got my reciept after 3 weeks and next week is my biometric appointment. My big problem is I received a Notice to Appear to a judge yesterday, the later said that the time and date will be set. I'm really confused because I already re-filed last month, what should I do? Please give me an advice, I'm really worried right now.

Thank you!
It seems that the person adjudicating the first I-751 did not know you have filed a new I-751 with waiver. My layman's advice is to appear at your appointment with the judge (whatever you do, don't miss that appointment), bring all your documents regarding first and second I-751 filing, and also hire a lawyer to attend that appointment with you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 20th 2009, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bianca08

Thank you!
Hi:

Make sure the COURT has your correct address. You may want to send an EOIR-33 to the court AND the Chief Counsel's office of the appropriate ICE office.

You should get a further notice from the COURT setting forth the date.

What ever you do -- make SURE you show up for the court hearing when it is set. Do not be late. If you sick -- GO to the hearing.

If you are paranoid about missing the hearing date -- which is a good piece of paranoia -- you may want to call 1-800-898-7180 once a week to check up on your case. If the line says "your number was not found in the system" -- that means that ICE has yet to file the Notice To Appear with the Court. But double check to make sure you entered the number correctly.

BTW, if you have a SEVEN-digit "A" number, make sure to put in the zero before the number -- the EOIR system wants nine digits.

Option #1, once your name is in the system will give you your time and place of hearing.
Old May 25th 2009, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

I don't know the address of the chief counsel office for the DHS and I need to send my change of adrress to them. Does anybody know the address, I'm in Anahim CA.

thanks
Old May 25th 2009, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

They only send me one EOIR-33 form, should I make a copy of this and send one also to the office of the chief counsel for the DHS? I'm a little confused.

thanks!
Old May 25th 2009, 10:11 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
BTW, if you have a SEVEN-digit "A" number, make sure to put in the zero before the number -- the EOIR system wants nine digits.
Surely 7+1=8?
Old May 25th 2009, 10:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

c,

Plus the 'A' = 9. 1 alpha, 8 numerics.

Yes, could have been explained a tad better.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Surely 7+1=8?
Old May 25th 2009, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Plus the 'A' = 9. 1 alpha, 8 numerics.
Did they change the format in recent years? I just checked my old A# and it is an "A" followed by nine (count 'em... 9) numbers... eight actual numbers + a leading 0. I checked my natz certificate also... A+9.

Ian
Old May 25th 2009, 11:37 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did they change the format in recent years? I just checked my old A# and it is an "A" followed by nine (count 'em... 9) numbers... eight actual numbers + a leading 0. I checked my natz certificate also... A+9.
As is mine. I suspect a typo. Or innumeracy.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I,

I guess this is why I'm not an engineer any longer.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Just want to update you all that my hearing yesterday went fine. I was so happy and thankful to God that my case was terminated. Now I'll just have to wait for my I-751 waiver interview.

Thank you all for the help and advices!