Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please help!!! I am so stressful about this

Please help!!! I am so stressful about this

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help!!! I am so stressful about this

Originally Posted by GCDesperado
are u sure ignoring the interview date would be an automatic denial/closed of the case? do they send out second interview date or consider at all that their letter might be lost during transition? how long from the interview date till I'll be hearing the decision about my case?
During that time, is it still considered pending so i can get a stamp and be legal for another year?
If you ignore the interview date, they will consider you a "no-show", and close your case. They will probably send you a letter saying that since you did not appear for the interview, your case is now closed, and that you have a certain number of days to leave the USA (I think...I haven't seen the actual letter, but check for posts by "grouchy", she missed her interview date and got such a letter).

At of the time your case is closed, you are here illegally. Your EAD (work authorization) becomes invalid. Since you would have no status here after the date they close your case, you would not be "pending AOS" any longer, which means you would no longer be able to get the I-551 stamp.

You're going to ask...but what if I really didn't get the interview letter? Well, it doesn't matter. Grouchy also did not receive her interview letter (but she really didn't...she didn't pretend not to get it). You still failed to appear for an interview, and they close your case. The final result is the same, whether you really didn't get the letter, or you just pretend not to get the letter, but of course pretending is lying, and that's not good.

So you haven't said if the interview date has passed, or if it is upcoming?

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Oct 22nd 2006 at 11:39 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Even when you watch Friends and Will&Grace, you see they put it in storyline too. Like how Phoebe married that one canadian guy to help him stay in the U.S or Jack in W&G do it for the maid.
If you believe these situations are real and accurate, you have serious problems... much more serious than immigration.

I was naive to listen to many ohter people who told me that "it's a very hard process to initially get ur foot to the U.S but once you are already here, it's very rare that u could be deported as there are many ways to cheat the system"
These people are idiots. People are deported all the time, and many of the cheaters end up in prison. I worked in a federal prison for 2.5 years and you should believe me when I tell you that most of them were not US citizens!

What really blows me away is that you are still trying to get us to say that it's okay if you break the law... so you'll feel better about yourself. It isn't going to happen. Even while you make excuses because of your poor English, your lack of knowledge, and your idiot friends... you still want the US government to ignore what you've done. That isn't going to happen either!

Ian
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

are u sure ignoring the interview date would be an automatic denial/closed of the case? do they send out second interview date or consider at all that their letter might be lost during transition? how long from the interview date till I'll be hearing the decision about my case?
During that time, is it still considered pending so i can get a stamp and be legal for another year?

Yes, if a case is closed it is for one of two things: approval or denial. It can only be approved if you have followed their requests to the letter and they have approved it. It is denied/closed if you have an interview appointment and don't show up. A good immigration attorney night be able to do something for you like beg and plead and find a case law for you, but laypeople here can't do that.

But something here does not add up. If you received the letter giving you an interview date, then you must still be living with your ex-husband since you don't mention changing addresses with Homeland Security or the USCIS. Also it doesn't take five years to adjudicate an I-751. Completely unheard of on this forum. So tell us, why the practical joke? What are you trying to prove. BTW your English is excellent. Amazing what you have learned in such a short time.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

pianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant future

well becuz in a forum, no one knows me personally.
You're a piece of work, "Mrs" Desperado. Coming into here and asking people how you could go about divorce and remarriage so you could stay in the US.
Forget it --- not a word from me.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:25 am
Just Joined

GCDesperado is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
But something here does not add up. If you received the letter giving you an interview date, then you must still be living with your ex-husband since you don't mention changing addresses with Homeland Security or the USCIS. Also it doesn't take five years to adjudicate an I-751. Completely unheard of on this forum. So tell us, why the practical joke? What are you trying to prove. BTW your English is excellent. Amazing what you have learned in such a short time.
Believe it or not, this is not a practical joke.
No, I m not living w/ my ex husband, I've been living separately from him since I left him back in 2002. I changed my address when I renewed my stamp back in 2004 and all the paperwork for my I-751 have been delivered to my address and it has been perfectly fine. No one is asking why I do'nt live in the same address w/ my husband. That's why I believe it when ppl told me that it's ez to cheat the system. Yes, my application did take 5 years, well, not really 5 years, I filed the application at the end of 2002, so it has been 4 years. I am surprised too as to why it takes too long for them to process but every time I come to the office to ask for the status, it still says that it's pending, and thus, I could get a stamp to live legally. So yea, this is the first case u heard of
Thank u for commenting on my English. It's been 5 years since I came to the U.S, and I had a college degree when I was in my country so, no I am not the stupid, uneducated type. I can catch up in English rather quickly and just finished and got my college degree here in the U.S and planning on graduate school. That's why I am worried right now cuz I am applying to graduate school right now and this whole I751 application now starts to become a problem.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You case would appear far too complex for a forum ...
go to http://www.ailalawyer.com/ find a lawyer in your area ...
takes his advice ... and follow it through ....

I can see no further help coming your way from here ....
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:59 am
Just Joined

and by the way, thank you all for taking your time coming in here reading, replying, giving advice and also judging...

I admit, I did enter my first marriage not in good faith but it was not entirely a fraud marriage. My marriage wasn't a contract or involved money or anything. I met him when he was vacationing in my country and he felt in love w/ me. I had feelings for him too and we had dated for a while before he popped the question. I must admit, his citizenship played a big role in my decision to get married to him but it wasn't the ONLY factor. My marriage was as real as any others. Just that when I came here and lived w/ him, I found out more things about him that I couldn't stand. We fought so much and the result is that I left him. My marriage technically was a real, bona fide marriage because I would've stayed w/ him if everything worked out. But deep down, I couldn't entirely say i entered this marriage in good faith either becuz had he not have the USC status, I wouldn't have agreed to marry him at first. SO there, the details if u guys must know
Now, after I left him, I still had a life to live. I moved on, I went to college, I meet friends, I date. I started dating this guy (my current bf) and it's been 3 years and we are getting serious and thinking of getting married soon. That's why everything now becomes a problem for me. I am hoping that I could be done w/ the I751 application quickly and easily and got my permanent residence, then divorce the ex and get married to my current. But the process took longer and more complicated than I anticipated, and now I don't know where I am. That's why I asked if there is anybody in the same situation as mine or 've know ppl w/ same situation as mine can give me an asnwer. My only fault was then back then, I shoulda divorced and self petitioned for my I751 but I didn't. And no, I am not getting married again for GC cuz my current bf and I are serious. That's why I ask if I can withdraw the first application, get divorced, then get married again and start this whole new process again w/ this second marriage. And, no, this second marriage is the real one as I am deeply in love w/ my current bf. And if none of you can help, then at least, get the details straight before you judge. Thank you once again.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

did you send any evidence with your I-751 when you sent it in 2002? i wonder why it took so long for them to process it, by the way, what service center was it?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

and by the way, thank you all for taking your time coming in here reading, replying, giving advice and also judging...
I guess you keep missing my question about whether the interview date has already gone by and you missed it, OR if it is scheduled for some time in the future. The interview letter that you are pretending you didn't get....has that interview date happened yet or not?

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Please help!!! I am so stressful about this

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I guess you keep missing my question about whether the interview date has already gone by and you missed it, OR if it is scheduled for some time in the future. The interview letter that you are pretending you didn't get....has that interview date happened yet or not?

Rene
sorry if I missed the question. The interview date already passed, basically I didn't show up becuz they request me to go with my husband but I do'tn think he would ever agree to go with me. And even if he would, we had no proof to prove that our marriage was bona fide cuz I only lived w/ him for a year and only have proofs during that one year. I still have my 551 stamp valid for a couple more months to live on but after that I have no idea what will happen next.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
did you send any evidence with your I-751 when you sent it in 2002? i wonder why it took so long for them to process it, by the way, what service center was it?
yes I did but i sent very few evidences, everythig that I had during that one year living with him. My center is in San Francisco, Cali

Last edited by GCDesperado; Oct 23rd 2006 at 7:27 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:24 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

sorry if I missed the question. The interview date already passed, basically I didn't show up... I still have my 551 stamp valid for a couple more months to live on but after that I have no idea what will happen next.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. You were called for an interview and you didn't go. In every other case I've ever read about where someone didn't show up for an interview, their application was denied due to non-attendence. That means anything extended to the applicant during the period their application is pending -- EAD, AP, I-551 stamp -- is then null and void. The person is removeable from the US.

So, don't count on your I-551 stamp being valid for a couple more months. In fact, don't count on it being valid NOW. I highly doubt that you are here legally at the moment.

(BTW, that sort of thing isn't mentioned on tv sitcoms like "Friends" and "Will & Grace". Maybe that's why you didn't know.)

~ Jenney
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I wouldn't be so sure about that. You were called for an interview and you didn't go. In every other case I've ever read about where someone didn't show up for an interview, their application was denied due to non-attendence. That means anything extended to the applicant during the period their application is pending -- EAD, AP, I-551 stamp -- is then null and void. The person is removeable from the US.

So, don't count on your I-551 stamp being valid for a couple more months. In fact, don't count on it being valid NOW. I highly doubt that you are here legally at the moment.
Exactly why I wanted to know. I thought if the interview hasn't happened yet, she has time to get a lawyer to go to the interview with her and help her along to see what her options are, at least her case might not have been closed.

Now, though, the case is probably closed, and the OP will probably get some kind of letter notifying her of that. She should still get an attorney to see what her options are. Perhaps she CAN motion to reopen or refile on her own. Perhaps she CAN marry another USC and refile. Perhaps she CAN'T do either of those. But she will never know until she consults a very qualified attorney.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Angry Re: Please help!!! I am so stressful about this

Thank you all for replying. I Just consulted a lawyer today. Basically he said that I shoulda consult a lawyer way earlier, way back when I left my husband. Then, I had a lot of options. Now, he told me he is sure that my case is closed/denied as it is actuallly stated in the immigration law, section 261.4 b 3 something that failure to appear for the interview will result in an automatic termination of my permanent residence as of the 2nd anniversary of the date on which i obtained my card. He predicts that I will be receiving the written letter of the denial decicision soon and they will put me through removal proceedings. He said that however, a person is "removable" doesn't mean he/she will be removed right away. Usually the whole removal process can take as long as 3, 4 years. What I can do now is that, since my pending I751 is no longer pending, it's a closed case, i can go ahead and divorce the husband asap. Then get married and the new husband can apply for I130/I485 for me and hopefully that application is approved before the removal process is finalized. And of course, in the 2nd marriage, I have to have solid proofs that it's a bona fide one. He said a child together would be a good idea because should I need to fight for deportation, I might be able to use the child as extreme hardship. In the mean time, he will try to help me to buy time as much as he could. And of coure, graduate school, work...should be the least of my concern right now as I have to worry my butt about being deported. And at the end of all this, he said "I will try to help you the best I could, but there is no guarantee for anything" And he charged me 2000 dollars for initial consultation as my case is a "complicted case" Any subsequent help from him would = more money. And yet, there is still no guarantee. Basically I would feed him all the money and I still might not be able to stay in the U.S.

Last edited by GCDesperado; Oct 23rd 2006 at 8:10 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:03 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, may I interject and ask one serious question...what actually happens if your interview notification letter does legitimately get lost in the mail? I've had a few letters from friends, and even some bills, not make it to my mailbox...surely you can't be punished for something like this. Is there any other way to confirm despatch or confirmation? Shame they don't do dertified mail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.