Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please help- DENIED Employment Authorization

Please help- DENIED Employment Authorization

Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help- DENIED Employment Authorization

Remember when he completes the new I-765 for the one year EAD he has never had an EAD before. Do not, I repeat, do not, mark that he is sending for a renewal of an EAD. Believe it is (c)(9).

And please, do not get uppity with me. I understand your frustration. There was no reason for your somewhat nasty reply to me earlier about knowing how to count. You came with a question and I was the first to realize what the problem was. We are here to help.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 15th 2008 at 4:13 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitbyabrit
We were aldo told he had 3 emergency exits that had to approved by USCIS before leaving country.
First I've ever heard about that. I'll choose not to believe it until proven otherwise!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We were aldo told he had 3 emergency exits that had to approved by USCIS before leaving country.
I've never heard the term 'emergency exits' before. You've already paid for the I-131 with your AOS fee. Once you have the I-131, you can use it for whatever reason you want. It does not have to be for emergencies, it can simply be going back to the UK for Christmas.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Sometimes I do see it through a newcomers eyes and what she says is reasonable in a way.. there is too much 'secret insider info' to successfully completing this process.

I'll be very interested to read the results of your arguments! I know you've been passionate about this one for a long time, and what a boon it would be to K-1s if things went back to The Good Old Days!
Hi:

I've read to the end of the thread. I'm glad that OP got the idea that she can submit a new I-765 with no fee provided she has proof of filing of the I-485.

I know it is contrary to the consensus in this forum, I advise filing on-line at www.uscis.gov and when the biometrics appointment letter is received, do not wait until the appointment date to have them taken [the worst the ASC can do is refuse to take you "early" -- as long as there is no long line, they have no problem as a general rule].

I have the utmost sympathy for the OP -- however I will admit being amused at her reference to CBP inspectors as "professionals." But I digress.

At least the cost of her lesson that believing the statements of a government functionary is at one own's risk was only $340. The case that went to the Supreme court cost a lot more.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I've never heard the term 'emergency exits' before. You've already paid for the I-131 with your AOS fee. Once you have the I-131, you can use it for whatever reason you want. It does not have to be for emergencies, it can simply be going back to the UK for Christmas.

Again, in years past, it was to only be used for emergencies. Today because AOS takes so long to be adjudicated, it can be used for pleasure, business or whatever. There were never was a rule about only 3 uses.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
I know it is contrary to the consensus in this forum, I advise filing on-line at www.uscis.gov and when the biometrics appointment letter is received, do not wait until the appointment date to have them taken [the worst the ASC can do is refuse to take you "early" -- as long as there is no long line, they have no problem as a general rule].
I know in the general immigration forum there are mixed feelings on the e-filing, but I don't remember reading much in here. This might be a good time for the OP to give the e-filing a try and report back to us. I can't imagine the results being any worse than the paper filing (especially in a case where the filing is now split up like this).. paper filing being a solid 90+ days to document receipt.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, sounds about right!
Hi:

On top of it, the regulations governing employment authorization of K-1's are badly written and are confusing. Although the regulations were issued in 1987, no one has ever gotten around to correcting them -- once promulgated, the administrative process for amending regulations is, to put it mildly, a pain-in-the-ass for the involved agencies. And then crank in the politically popular "anti-regulation" sentiment, it is even worse.

The regulations for K-1's are somewhat ambiguous and I think the JFK people have it right both legally and as a practical matter. But JFK is the only airport that does this.

[BTW, if anybody makes political moves, be careful -- you might end up with JFK conforming to everybody else! Also, don't go the CIS ombudsman -- the airports are in the jurisdiction of a different agency -- CBP. And the employer sanctions end of things are in the province of ICE].
Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

smitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Remember when he completes the new I-765 for the one year EAD he has never had an EAD before. Do not, I repeat, do not, mark that he is sending for a renewal of an EAD. Believe it is (c)(9).

And please, do not get uppity with me. I understand your frustration. There was no reason for your somewhat nasty reply to me earlier about knowing how to count. You came with a question and I was the first to realize what the problem was. We are here to help.

I do apologize. I was upset but not a you and I let teh situation control me rather than vice versa. I am very appreciative!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla

[BTW, if anybody makes political moves, be careful -- you might end up with JFK conforming to everybody else! Also, don't go the CIS ombudsman -- the airports are in the jurisdiction of a different agency -- CBP. And the employer sanctions end of things are in the province of ICE].
I hope they hold out for at least another month or 2! I'm going via JFK to try and make life easier.

Oh and to add....a helpful CBP agent told me I could get file for a K1 visa and get it within a week!

Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... there are so many ILLEGAL aliens working in this country earning a living...
I'm pretty sure that undocumented aliens are *not* responsible for your current situtation.

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

smitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nicesmitbyabrit is just really nice

Again, in years past, it was to only be used for emergencies. Today because AOS takes so long to be adjudicated, it can be used for pleasure, business or whatever. There were never was a rule about only 3 uses.
Again, my apologies Rete. I was out of line and upset. Please except my apologies!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I know in the general immigration forum there are mixed feelings on the e-filing, but I don't remember reading much in here. This might be a good time for the OP to give the e-filing a try and report back to us. I can't imagine the results being any worse than the paper filing (especially in a case where the filing is now split up like this).. paper filing being a solid 90+ days to document receipt.
E-filing is definitely something to consider! I will be in touch and thank you again
Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Again, in years past, it was to only be used for emergencies.
Also confusing, is that people still incorrectly equate the word "emergent" with "emergency". Of course, they are not synonymous... and just about everything can be deemed an emergent situation.

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm pretty sure that undocumented aliens are *not* responsible for your current situtation.

Ian
They are not but we are following the regulations as asked by the US. Shouldnt everyone?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

They are not but we are following the regulations as asked by the US. Shouldnt everyone?
Remember: keep your eye on the prize; your priority at this point is getting your own case sorted and straight.
Worry about others later on; they are not impacting your situation in the least right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.