Please help; V visa question

Old Jul 8th 2001, 3:59 pm
Jack

Hi:

I am a green card holder and would like to bring my wife and two children to the US.
They plan to go to Ankara Turkey to apply for V visa (no embassy in the country where
we are from). Do you by any chance know if the kids (11 and 3 years old) have to be
present for the interview? How do I know that Ankara will process V visa? I have
filed I-130 four years ago and has been approved. We have been waiting for two years
now for the visa number to become available.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Zach

Old Jul 8th 2001, 8:55 pm
Ed MacNeil

Hi Zach,

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER. I DON'T EVEN PLAY
ONE ON TV!

Normally ALL persons to be included in a visa must attend the required interview,
including children. I think it would be wise to contact the Consular Section in
Ankara well in advance to determine if they will accept your family for processing
and to get all of your questions answered. The web page of the American Embassy in
Ankara is <http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/>. At his site you will find a great deal
of information as well as how to make contact including with the American Consulates
in Istanbul and Adana.

Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA

Jack wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >