Please clarify my doubts..

Old Dec 25th 2009, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

lgvisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please clarify my doubts..

Hi,

I have worked in the US for 3 months (april, may and june) on H1b visa and still haven't got my pay stubs. Recently I came to India for my marriage and after marriage, I want to go to US on L2 visa (my fiance is on L1 visa). While trying to go to US on L2 visa, will I be asked to produce my previous pay stubs? Also when I asked my employer to give my pay stubs he said he had lost them and said instead of pay stubs I can have W2 which will be the proof that I have worked. Will the W2 be enough or I need the pay stubs? Please someone clarify my doubts.

Thanks.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please clarify my doubts..

Originally Posted by lgvisa
While trying to go to US on L2 visa, will I be asked to produce my previous pay stubs?
No. As long as your (then) spouse has an L-1 visa and you have proof of your marriage, you will get the L-2 visa.

Also when I asked my employer to give my pay stubs he said he had lost them...
He is a liar.

... and said instead of pay stubs I can have W2 which will be the proof that I have worked.
By law, he *MUST* give you a W2 by January 31, 2010 for the tax year 2009.

Will the W2 be enough or I need the pay stubs?
For the L-2, you don't need either... but the W2's will be handy when you file your 2009 US income tax return.

Ian