pink paper?!!?!?help

Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pink paper?!!?!?help

This lawyer told me to make the I-129f on pink paper..but the one the INS sent me was white. I am nervous now about what it should be...i am already to send it off , but i dont know if i should quickly print it out on pink paper. will it hurt if its on pink?
sandy
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pink paper?!!?!?help

Originally posted by sandy- pie
This lawyer told me to make the I-129f on pink paper..but the one the INS sent me was white. I am nervous now about what it should be...i am already to send it off , but i dont know if i should quickly print it out on pink paper. will it hurt if its on pink?
sandy
Others answered you yesterday, but once again the INS has made the forms available for d/l and in some cases for filling in online. There is nothing in the download instructions that specify that one must use colored paper.

Because the attorney you consulted with was anal retentive does not mean there aren't other options available for printing out INS form I-129F. Countless others have used white paper for the I-129F and they were approved.

Rete
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Not to worry. The pink paper for the I-129f is no longer required.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

thankyou...i just wanted to hear that one more time to feel confident in my decsion. My mother ,who went to it with me, was throwing a fit cos i was gonna leave it white, and she made me doubt myself. I shall get my butt to the post office now.
thanks agian.
sandy
Old Dec 6th 2002, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou...i just wanted to hear that one more time to feel confident in my decsion. My mother ,who went to it with me, was throwing a fit cos i was gonna leave it white, and she made me doubt myself. I shall get my butt to the post office now.
thanks agian.
sandy
If you really want it to be on pink paper or are worried about it, take the form to Copy Max (or another copy center). They offer copies on colored paper (I am sure about copy max). So, you can copy the form on the right colored paper, then re-fill it out carefully, sign it and send it off.

Caroline
Old Dec 6th 2002, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

one more question...he wanted to give me a certificate of accuracy...to say that my copies were legit. but i didnt have my fiances passport so its not listed...just his birthcertificate and my passport(im sending a certified copy of my birth certificate). will they question the passport cos its not listed. I have copies of his stamps from customs. should i include this paper he gave me?
sandy
Old Dec 6th 2002, 5:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

one more question...he wanted to give me a certificate of accuracy...to say that my copies were legit. but i didnt have my fiances passport so its not listed...just his birthcertificate and my passport(im sending a certified copy of my birth certificate). will they question the passport cos its not listed. I have copies of his stamps from customs. should i include this paper he gave me?
sandy
You never needed a certificate of accuracy. In fact, although I have worked in the law field for nearly 20 years, I have never heard of that trm. What use to be required was the form that stated that originals would be made available upon request. In lieu of the form, you could write a letter to the same effect. YOu will not on the I-129F instructions this is no longer required.

As for listing documents attached, that is not a requirement and if you have done so, it is purely for your purpose and not the INS. Many think those lists are just discarded when the envelope is opened. Don't think we have had it confirmed at the source one way or the other.

Rete
Old Dec 6th 2002, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

ok thankyou. i am guessing he wasnt too familiar with k-1. its a weird feeling to go into a law office and feel like you know more than the person who is suppoose to be trained in it. Its a good thing i dont think i am paying for it. It was a favor from a friend. wierd. anyway i am taking the paper he gave me out because i have the one the INS sent me saying that all my copies are exact. that will suffice. i dont want to cloud it up with extras. Thanks for your help Rete...im just trying to make it as clear as possible for those reading it. I am nw going to go post it off. Certified mail here we come. Thanks agian
sandy
Old Dec 6th 2002, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Rete
You never needed a certificate of accuracy. In fact, although I have worked in the law field for nearly 20 years, I have never heard of that trm. What use to be required was the form that stated that originals would be made available upon request. In lieu of the form, you could write a letter to the same effect. YOu will not on the I-129F instructions this is no longer required.
Rete,

When we requested the forms from the INS website, we were sent along with the rest a paper that I had to fill out and sign stating that the copies we were submitting were actual copies and had not been altered (do not remember the actual wording, but I can get it tonight). I think that this is this paper that Sandy-pie is referring to. I never saw or heard of that paper before.

It probably does not make any difference either way, and there is most likely no need to worry, but I just thought I would mention that.

Caroline
Old Dec 6th 2002, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

yes you are right...that is the one i am talking about. I also stated it agian in my cover letter. sandy
Old Dec 6th 2002, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Caro
I never saw or heard of that paper before.
I meant to say: I had never seen or heard of that paper before.

My english is still not perfect

Caroline
Old Dec 6th 2002, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

sandy
Hi:

There USED to be such a requirement. Until about 20 years ago, copies could be submitted if an ATTORNEY certified that they were true and correct. The magic language was set forth in the regulations and all us immigration lawyer types had rubber stamps made up for that purpose. Otherwise, you had to bring in the originals to have INS certify the copies.

However, this was back in the days before Service Centers and most applications were filed in person at your local District Office.

When the INS set up "Remote Adjuciation Centers" which required submissions by mail, they changed the requirement to allow submission of copies with INS having the authority to ask for the originals. The regulations allowing attorney certified copies was repealed. [BTW, the "RAC" were later renamed "Service Centers" by someone in INS with what I imagine to be an extremley preverse sense of humor. Also, they were called Western, Northern, Southern and Eastern -- that is why you see the prefixes of WAC, NAC, SAC and EAC in the file numbers. When they were changed to the actual locations, only Northern and Nebraska started with the same letter].

There is a germ of truth in the certificate of accuracy -- but that is from a long, long time ago.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

JuMu is an unknown quantity at this point

After all... colored paper, certificate of accuracy and the responses by the lawyers it sounds to me like either your lawyer hasnt done that for 20 years, or it's his first time and he should bring his library up to date
Old Dec 6th 2002, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

he has only been in practice 6 years. he was lovely i just think he didnt have much experience with K-1. i also think he was slightly put out by the fact that i knew everything he was telling me...but hey, its my life we are talking about. it would be hard from me to just sit back and let someone else tell me how it is...i had to research from myself.
sandy
Old Dec 6th 2002, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

and...its in the mail now so im not gonna think about it any more just time to sit and twiddle my thumbs...and get my affidavit of support together!

it sure took a deep breath to send it though...and i thought i would be fine after i had sent it, i had no clue how nervous i would be.
sandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.