Pilot program in Dallas

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

raghav_rules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pilot program in Dallas

I am very excited about the pilot program but sometimes it sounds too good to be true. Has anyone actually gotten their greencard within 90 days. Any good or bad experiances?? is this program only in Dallas so far? feel free to put any comments about this topic
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pilot program in Dallas

Originally posted by raghav_rules
I am very excited about the pilot program but sometimes it sounds too good to be true. Has anyone actually gotten their greencard within 90 days. Any good or bad experiances?? is this program only in Dallas so far? feel free to put any comments about this topic
Yes my wife has in New York. My lawyer told me about the program but I thought he didn't know what he was talking about but my congressional rep who helped us along the way just also emailed me this as well:

You just hit perfect timing the INS has started a new pilot program. I am so happy that you benefited from it since you waited so long. I hope this good luck is only the beginning!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Really!!!!!how long did it take for her to get the greencard. Did she still have apply for EAD and AP. any catch when u do this???
Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Really!!!!!how long did it take for her to get the greencard. Did she still have apply for EAD and AP. any catch when u do this???
The interview was on 7/21. My wife received a stamp in her passport and the officer said that the green card would arrive in 1 to 2 months. The approval makes the EAD a non issue as she can start working once she gets the green card. My wife previously had a green card which she lost because she stayed out of the country to long. This being the case she already has a social security card which she just needs to change her last name to her new married last name. She had applied for EAD but she actually gor the green card approval prior to the EAD approval. I don't think there is any catch to this nor do you have a choice to be picked into the pilot program as I think it's just luck.

The only catch is my wife's green card is conditional because we have been married for only 1 year so if we had gone through the whole normal process and it took 2 years her green card would not be conditional because at that point we would have been married 3 years. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 7:41 pm
Ap

In article <[email protected]>, member16500
@british_expats.com says...
    >
    > Originally posted by raghav_rules
    > > Really!!!!!how long
    > did it take for her to get the greencard. Did she still have apply for
    > EAD and AP. any catch when u do this???
    >
    > The interview was on
    > 7/21. My wife received a stamp in her passport and the officer said
    > that the green card would arrive in 1 to 2 months. The approval makes
    > the EAD a non issue as she can start working once she gets the green
    > card.

actually I-551 is green card substitute and your wife can start working
as soon as she gets I-551. You do not have to wait for plastic thing

AP

Old Jul 25th 2004, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

chand311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ap
In article <[email protected]>, member16500
@british_expats.com says...
    >
    > Originally posted by raghav_rules
    > > Really!!!!!how long
    > did it take for her to get the greencard. Did she still have apply for
    > EAD and AP. any catch when u do this???
    >
    > The interview was on
    > 7/21. My wife received a stamp in her passport and the officer said
    > that the green card would arrive in 1 to 2 months. The approval makes
    > the EAD a non issue as she can start working once she gets the green
    > card.

actually I-551 is green card substitute and your wife can start working
as soon as she gets I-551. You do not have to wait for plastic thing

AP

had my aos interview on may 6th. submitted all the forms that day and paid the application fees on may 6th 2004. Had FP may 21st. 79 days have passsed. I havent got my green card yet but I am hopeful i would get it before the end of next 11days which will complete the 90days time frame.

Anybody from Dallas who had interviews in this DORA (dallas rapid adjustment) pilot program share your experiences and keep this thread going.
Old Jul 25th 2004, 4:54 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by chand311
had my aos interview on may 6th. submitted all the forms that day and paid the application fees on may 6th 2004. Had FP may 21st. 79 days have passsed. I havent got my green card yet but I am hopeful i would get it before the end of next 11days which will complete the 90days time frame.

Anybody from Dallas who had interviews in this DORA (dallas rapid adjustment) pilot program share your experiences and keep this thread going.
Was discussing this pilot program with my attorney and he said sometimes there are strings attached with such programs, i.e. they can reopen an approved case on the pilot program and reassess it. Anyone know if this is true? I presume what he might be referring to is that due to the speed at which the program is approving applications, that there is a small print clause on the approvals to cover the USCIS for any mistakes that could be made during the pilot program.
Anyone read the fine print or know anything about this? Does not affect me as I am through SF but it would be of interest to see if USCIS have any clause like this to protect themselves against fraudulent applications.
Patrick
Old Jul 25th 2004, 5:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Was discussing this pilot program with my attorney and he said sometimes there are strings attached with such programs, i.e. they can reopen an approved case on the pilot program and reassess it. Anyone know if this is true? I presume what he might be referring to is that due to the speed at which the program is approving applications, that there is a small print clause on the approvals to cover the USCIS for any mistakes that could be made during the pilot program.
Anyone read the fine print or know anything about this? Does not affect me as I am through SF but it would be of interest to see if USCIS have any clause like this to protect themselves against fraudulent applications.
Patrick

yes, your attorney is correct. And no, it should not affect you as you are not under the new pilot program. The ability of USCIS to rescind a benefit has always been a given and can occur to anyone regardless of what procedure has been used. You can be stripped of your residency status or naturalization if USCIS has proof of something fraudulent in your previous applications, or for other reasons that I am not familiar with that they might deem to be irregular.

Rete
Old Jul 25th 2004, 5:08 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Rete
yes, your attorney is correct. And no, it should not affect you as you are not under the new pilot program. The ability of USCIS to rescind a benefit has always been a given and can occur to anyone regardless of what procedure has been used. You can be stripped of your residency status or naturalization if USCIS has proof of something fraudulent in your previous applications, or for other reasons that I am not familiar with that they might deem to be irregular.

Rete
Was a simple comment I made to my attorney about the new pilot program and how great it would be to get processed so fast and he said that their discretion is a lot wider on those programs and that I would be better off with the longer filing process.
Patrick
Old Jul 25th 2004, 5:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Was a simple comment I made to my attorney about the new pilot program and how great it would be to get processed so fast and he said that their discretion is a lot wider on those programs and that I would be better off with the longer filing process.
Patrick

His point being, as you probably realize, is that they will have given you a longer period of time to prove the validity of your relationship thus eliminating the "married for convenience of a green card" syndrome. Thus the person who is instantly adjusted will have to jump through a few more "prove the relationship" hoops when it comes time to remove conditions. I would think it would be at this stage of the game that the USCIS will scrutinize the I-751 and submitted evidence more closely than for those like yourself adjusting status six months after filing.

The security clearance will be the same in other scenario. However, their discretion, at least in my opinion, remains the same. They can deny or rescind if they feel there has been fraud committed.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Chand 311 have u heard anything yet? do keep us posted on your case??
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Chand 311 have u heard anything yet? do keep us posted on your case??
81 days and counting..not heard anythign yet other than the online case status that says my Fingerprint reviews have been received in June and review has resumed onmy case and that i would hear from them when a decision has been made.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by chand311
81 days and counting..not heard anythign yet other than the online case status that says my Fingerprint reviews have been received in June and review has resumed onmy case and that i would hear from them when a decision has been made.
Hi everyone,

I have got a mail from uscis today saying my petition for 485 has been approved and i am a conditional permenant resident as of July 27th.

My time time is as follows:
April 2004: Married to the most wonderful lady. We were living together for about 1.5yrs before we actually got married.

Total Time line : 83 days( 6th may 2004- july 29th 2004)

6th may 2004: Applied for 485 and 130 in person
-- had the interview for AOS the same day.

13th May 2004. Received Notice of action saying they have received my 485 and the 130. Asked me to schedule a fingerprint as soon as possible.

21st May 2004. Had my fingerprints.

June 1st: Online status changed. Said my fingerprint review has been completed and received and the processing has started on my case

July 29th: Received the notice saying my ADjustment of STatus has been Approved. Said the real greencard would arrive in 7-10 days and if i need proof i need to go to DAllas local office on WEdnesday between 7:30 and 1:00pm to get my passport stamped. Said that I am permenant resident starting from July 27th and I need to remove conditions between April 28th to July 27th of 2006.

The dallas pliot program rocks and they have kept their word that they would process greencard within 90days.

relation: F-1 status married to US citizen. ---------------------------------------------------
Old Jul 30th 2004, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats great news. 83days is really fast . Great to know that this pilot program is actually working. Can u just give us a briefing on your aos interview and the questions that were asked.
Thanks
Raghav
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats great news. 83days is really fast . Great to know that this pilot program is actually working. Can u just give us a briefing on your aos interview and the questions that were asked.
Thanks
Raghav

1. Asked how we met: We met online and we told her that
2. Asked for joint bank accounts: WE didnt have any as our marriage was just one month old at that time.( We do have now though as we felt a need for one now so we can manage finances better)
3. Asked if we have photos: We had many but we forgot that day and we told her that . WE had our wedding DVD and we gave it to her. She asked if it was a court house wedding and we said no as we had a wedding at a good location.
4. My wife had me on her medical insurnace and as her life insurance beneficiary even before we got married as we stayed together for long before we got married. We showed that.
5. WE were staying together as common law and we had a common apartment lease and we showed that and we also had common bills like cable etc.
6. Asked where she works.
7. IT was a simple interview and my wife talks a lot so she was talkign more than me.
8. ASked how our parents reacted to our marriage and we told her that our parents dont know that yet.
9. Asked me my wifes social number, the place where she wqas born and her birthday and stuff. And they asked the same to my wife. I didnt really think she knew where i was born since its a very long name and i ddidnt think she would be able to pronounce it but to my suprise she knew it as it seems she used that when she was fillign up the INS forms. We knew our birthdays though as we have celbrated both of our birthdays in the past together.

We were open and honest in all of our answers evnthough we knew that we didnt have joint accounts yet and stuff. We knew that as long as we are honest about everything we dont have anything to fear. WE didnt even have a lawyer because the INS forms are designed very nice and simple and thre is soo much information on the web like this discussion form that answered all our questons and we did all the forms together.

I would think as long as the marriage is genuine and there are no immigration violations or criminal convictions DORA is a pretty stragihtforward process. If Dallas can do it I am sure lot of other offices national can do it and should do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.