Phone call notification of AP

Old Mar 27th 2003, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Cathy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phone call notification of AP

I received a call today to inform me that my Advanced Parole (AP) has been approved and that I should go to the Orlando BCIS to get it between 8-12 tomorrow (Thursday).

The weird thing is that I still have not got notification of my work visa. I spoke to my congressmans aid today and she said the BCIS in Orlando are trying to speed it up for me and they might be able to do it for me tomorrow, however they can only do one thing at a time and I would need to get my AP and then get back into line to get my work visa. Has anyone else had to do this?

Filed on 5th December 2002
First NOA 19th December 2002
Notification of approval of AP 26th March

Cathy
Old Mar 27th 2003, 1:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone call notification of AP

I can confirm that is true for NYC. Jim's EAD was the 4th the first year and the A/P on the 6th. When he went on the 4th he inquired if he could pick up the A/P the same day. He was told the same thing. After the EAD he could wait at the back of the line to see if they had time to issue the A/P that same day.

Rete

Originally posted by Cathy
I received a call today to inform me that my Advanced Parole (AP) has been approved and that I should go to the Orlando BCIS to get it between 8-12 tomorrow (Thursday).

The weird thing is that I still have not got notification of my work visa. I spoke to my congressmans aid today and she said the BCIS in Orlando are trying to speed it up for me and they might be able to do it for me tomorrow, however they can only do one thing at a time and I would need to get my AP and then get back into line to get my work visa. Has anyone else had to do this?

Cathy
Old Mar 27th 2003, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Isn't this so INSane, I mean thats going to take more time. If they have your records in front of them surely they could just go a few more minutes to complete something that will save both them and us a lot of time.

Well I am heading off to the office at 3am so I am at front or near front of line in order that I can get my AP and then have a chance of getting back in line before they close it.

I was there last week at 6am and got seen at 12 noon so I hope that this time I can get to the very front of the line.

Will update tomorrow

Cathy

Originally posted by Rete
I can confirm that is true for NYC. Jim's EAD was the 4th the first year and the A/P on the 6th. When he went on the 4th he inquired if he could pick up the A/P the same day. He was told the same thing. After the EAD he could wait at the back of the line to see if they had time to issue the A/P that same day.

Rete
Old Mar 27th 2003, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Cathy

Hi:

I find your question quite confusing. This is a marriage based NG and you are asking about your "work visa"? BTW, I assmume you are using "visa" in place of "adjustment." I get pedantic on this -- just yesterday I got something from CSC where they refered to a visa denial as a "denial of adjustment overseas." Go figure.

If you have your advance parole then you can travel.

I can't speak for Orlando, but the local districts seem to have a lot of problems in adjudicating employment based adjustments that get referred to them from the Service Centers.

Out of curiousity -- what was your timeline for referal of your adjustment from TSC to Orlando?
Old Mar 27th 2003, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Well went back to Orlando today arrived outside at 4am and made it to the front of the line which was just me at that time. By 6am the line was down to end of building but I made it in and after they had given all the appointments their tickets I got No 12

8.30am and I got to the desk and told them that they had called and requested I go pick up my AP and they asked for ID and my receipt. I showed them both and they handed my AP over.

I asked once more for an Intrim Work visa and he said as I had been processed and that my work visa was pending that I was not entilted to an Intrim one. So I explained to him that this meant I would lose the job offer I got he just said sorry nothing I can do thats it. So after asking why I was not entitled he looked on the computer and found my appointment date which is the 15th April at 1pm and that a letter was on its way to me.

Well I once more got upset that I was unable to get my EAD but at least I knew when it was going to be approved.

I drove home very upset and cursing them as I drove. When I got home I got a call from the Congressmans office confirming my appointment at the BCIS on the 15th April and she offered to call the employer for me.

After a few minutes she called back and had spoken to them and they said that they would give me a new start date of the 22nd April subject to the EAD

So things look like they are going to turn out ok after all this. I am sure by the time I get my green card I am going to look at least 10yrs older from the stress the BCIS put us through. Maybe just maybe they will want to move to another country and I truley hope they get the same stress so they can better understand us when we get upset at the counter.

Cathy
Old Mar 27th 2003, 7:52 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't this so INSane, I mean thats going to take more time. If they have your records in front of them surely they could just go a few more minutes to complete something that will save both them and us a lot of time.

Well I am heading off to the office at 3am so I am at front or near front of line in order that I can get my AP and then have a chance of getting back in line before they close it.

I was there last week at 6am and got seen at 12 noon so I hope that this time I can get to the very front of the line.

Will update tomorrow

Cathy
Wow, I guess I am lucky that I live in Kansas City.
I got the phone call on Friday and I went to pick up my AP at about 1 pm on Tuesday ( after my school) there were 4 people in front of me. I had to wait maybe 30 - 40 minutes. The guy gave me my pappers, told me to open the envelope to check if everything was correct, and then he realised that he didn't check my ID.... but the picture on the pappers was a picture of me, so he said I don't need to take out my Driver's Licence...weird.
I am still waiting for my EAD, that I should get in couple of months.
Old Mar 27th 2003, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

I was refering to my EAD

I married an American on the 9th November and filed on the 5th of December for EAD, AP, AOS. I have been trying to get my EAD which I may have called a work visa as many other do.

Sorry if this confused you. Any way its all sorted now, Go to get EAD on the 15th April 2003

Cathy

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I find your question quite confusing. This is a marriage based NG and you are asking about your "work visa"? BTW, I assmume you are using "visa" in place of "adjustment." I get pedantic on this -- just yesterday I got something from CSC where they refered to a visa denial as a "denial of adjustment overseas." Go figure.

If you have your advance parole then you can travel.

I can't speak for Orlando, but the local districts seem to have a lot of problems in adjudicating employment based adjustments that get referred to them from the Service Centers.

Out of curiousity -- what was your timeline for referal of your adjustment from TSC to Orlando?