Philippines > US > Canada

Old May 4th 2007, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

webdevboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Philippines > US > Canada

Hi folks - would be grateful if you could spare a moment and give your opinions/advice on some of my questions if someone from the Philippines who will be traveling to the US on a tourist/visitors visa and would like to visit also Canada.

1. Once he's in the US already, can he apply to a Canadian consulate in the US to get a Canadian Temporary Resident/Tourist Visa or does he need to apply ,even before visiting the US, to a Canadian consulate in the Philippines?

2. Because he's planning on exiting North America on a Canadian soil, does he need to inform the immigration people in the US that he will be exiting from Canada?

Thank you guys!
Old May 4th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Philippines > US > Canada

the last time i checked in 2005, you need to apply for a canadian visa in manila, you cannot apply for this in the canadian embassy based in the US
Old May 4th 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

15 years ago, I remembered a good Filipino friend of mine did it when our group ( graduate students) decided to cross the bridge to Canadian side of Niagara Falls but he had multiple entry visa to come back to US. Things might have changed since then. Check with Canadian embassy in Manila.
Old May 5th 2007, 1:24 am
Jozef

"webdevboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
> 2. Because he's planning on exiting North America on a Canadian soil,
> does he need to inform the immigration people in the US that he will
> be exiting from Canada?

No, but he should make sure to turn in the I-94 card he got when he entered
the US to the Canadian immigration officials.
See http://www.amcits.com/form_i-94.asp for more info.

Jozef

Old May 5th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

webdevboy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks very much obiwan, abboy, Jozef for the time and info you've shared. appreciate it a lot. cheers.