Pete F

Old Nov 27th 2002, 12:30 am
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pete F

Hiya Pete,

It's Lisa. Bruce and I met you at London on 19th November 2002. Just wanted to say how sorry we were that you were unable to obtain your Visa that day. We hope that you will be able to be with your family in the near future as it was obvious to us how much you love them.

For us the day went well and I am currently in Iowa for the Holidays with family. We should be travelling to our new posting in Delaware next week at some point.

Keep posting and we look forward to reading that you are reunited with your loved ones.

Lisa & Bruce
Old Nov 27th 2002, 2:22 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pete F

Originally posted by lasmus31
Hiya Pete,

It's Lisa. Bruce and I met you at London on 19th November 2002. Just wanted to say how sorry we were that you were unable to obtain your Visa that day. We hope that you will be able to be with your family in the near future as it was obvious to us how much you love them.

For us the day went well and I am currently in Iowa for the Holidays with family. We should be travelling to our new posting in Delaware next week at some point.

Keep posting and we look forward to reading that you are reunited with your loved ones.

Lisa & Bruce
Hi Lisa.. It was great to meet both of you and put faces to names.. Love your account of the day .. esp the hiding of bits. ;-) Oh yes.. that marble step outside the doctors is cold at 6:50am ..
Oh.. and that Loo!!! looks like it should be long in the next Austin Powers movie. If you check back on the threads, you'll see what happened and you know the story anyway.. But yes.. I was denied but given chance to file a waiver .. The explanation letter of the events was 5 pages, the letter of hardship this side of the pond was 3, from the other side was 3 plus a letter from the prospective Mother in law. Also the MIL is writing to the Congressman.

Anyway, I was up at 4am monday morning and drove down to London, Parked the car an caught the 6:42 to Waterloo and the tube to Marble Arch.. arrived and went to McD for brekky at 7:30. Left for the Embassy at 8am and walked up Oxford st for a little while and then down towards the embassy where I arrived at 8:15.. Sat down in the park for a few mins and went up to the gate.. The blue form says 9am to 10am .. I was 30 mins early.
They let me in and I went to the entrance on the far side. Up to the security desk, appologised for being early.. At 1st the jobsworth would let me in, so I walked outside and went to sit on the bollards and wait.. I turned and looked at the door and he called me back.
He told me he would let me in.. So , keys , phone etc handed in, bags and self thru security check, up to the desks 1 & 2..
This time, I felt no "fear" to speak.. The day of the interview, I was so full of adrenalin, my kidneys hurt, my heart was in my throat etc.. This time, calm collected, ready..
Anyway, the nice english man called me up , Gave him the blue sheet, he asked for the 325a's from both of us, and the letters of hardship and events..
I asked him to be honest with me and what were my chances.. He said, quite rightly, that he had no idea as i was up to the INS there in London but he smiled and said, pretty good. I asked if I could check the progress and there isnt anyway, so I asked how long.. he said 2-6 weeks and they will snail mail me. So.. Back to countdown.. Life on hold both sides of the pond.. Will be fed food via the laptop in USA by the kids at the thanksgiving meal ;-)
Hopefully, (Please God) I may be there for Christmas.. Prayers gratefully received.

Congrats Lisa and thanks for the Paper back Bruce ;-)

P.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pete. I just wanted to say that lots of us out here are praying this comes out well for you and you are soon with your loved ones.

Cheers,

Leslie