Permanent Resident Card Already!

Old Feb 25th 2002, 8:40 pm
Yellow61

Default Permanent Resident Card Already!

I cant believe it but my wife had her AOS interview on Feb 6, 2002 and we got her
permanent resident card today in the mail. Before I applied last March for her to
come here on the K1 visa, I had read where it takes so long but the longest part was
getting the first approval 98 days from Texas and then the visa from Manila and was
prepared to wait 3 years for the AOS interview but filed on Nov 2, 2001 and had
interview on Feb 6, 2002. And now Texas has process everything and we got her
conditional permanent resident card today. One question. On the Welcome to America
letter it says to file many months before the expiration of the card but everything
else I have gotten says not to apply more than 90 days before it expires. So which
one is correct. Good luck to everyone waiting and we hope you get yours very soon

Gerald & Elsa

Old Feb 25th 2002, 9:12 pm
Ranjini

Default Re: Permanent Resident Card Already!

Congratulations on your wife's successful AOS. Some of us on this newsgroup are
luckier than others. You, like us, are probably dealing with one of the more
user-friendly local offices. As for removal of conditions, you have to apply 90 days
before the expiration of your conditional card. And 90 days means exactly that. Not
even one day too early. Read the "remove conditions" link on Doc Steen's website.
Good luck, Ranjini "yellow61" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I cant believe it but my wife had her AOS interview on Feb 6, 2002 and we got her
    > permanent resident card today in the mail. Before I applied last March for her to
    > come here on the K1 visa, I had read where it takes so long but the longest part
    > was getting the first approval 98 days from Texas and then the visa from Manila and
    > was prepared to wait 3 years for the AOS interview but filed on Nov 2, 2001 and had
    > interview on Feb 6, 2002. And now Texas has process everything and we got her
    > conditional permanent resident card today. One question. On the Welcome to America
    > letter it says to file many months before the expiration of the card but everything
    > else I have gotten says not to apply more than 90 days before it expires. So which
    > one is correct. Good luck to everyone waiting and we hope you get yours very soon
    >
    > Gerald & Elsa

Old Feb 25th 2002, 9:12 pm
Ranjini

Just thought I'd post the url to Doc Steen's site, just in case. Look for the "remove
conditions" link. Ranjini

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Congratulations on your wife's successful AOS. Some of us on this
newsgroup
    > are luckier than others. You, like us, are probably dealing with one of
the
    > more user-friendly local offices. As for removal of conditions, you have to apply
    > 90 days before the expiration of your conditional card. And 90 days means exactly
    > that. Not even one day too early. Read the "remove conditions" link on Doc Steen's
    > website. Good luck, Ranjini "yellow61" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I cant believe it but my wife had her AOS interview on Feb 6, 2002 and we got her
    > > permanent resident card today in the mail. Before I applied last March for her to
    > > come here on the K1 visa, I had read where it takes so long but the longest part
    > > was getting the first approval 98 days from Texas and then the visa from Manila
    > > and was prepared to wait 3 years for the AOS interview but filed on Nov 2, 2001
    > > and had interview on Feb 6, 2002. And now Texas has process everything and we got
    > > her conditional permanent resident card today. One question. On the Welcome to
    > > America letter it says to file many months before the expiration of the card but
    > > everything else I have gotten says not to apply more than 90 days before it
    > > expires. So which one is correct. Good luck to everyone waiting and we hope you
    > > get yours very soon
    > >
    > > Gerald & Elsa
    > >
    >

Old Feb 25th 2002, 9:41 pm
Ranjini

Ooops!! Here goes: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Just thought I'd post the url to Doc Steen's site, just in case. Look for the
    > "remove conditions" link. Ranjini
    >
    > "Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Congratulations on your wife's successful AOS. Some of us on this
    > newsgroup
    > > are luckier than others. You, like us, are probably dealing with one of
    > the
    > > more user-friendly local offices. As for removal of conditions, you have to
    > > apply 90 days before the expiration of your conditional card. And 90 days means
    > > exactly that.
Not
    > > even one day too early. Read the "remove conditions" link on Doc Steen's website.
    > > Good luck, Ranjini "yellow61" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I cant believe it but my wife had her AOS interview on Feb 6, 2002 and we got
    > > > her permanent resident card today in the mail. Before I applied last March for
    > > > her to come here on the K1 visa, I had read where it takes so long but the
    > > > longest part was getting the first approval 98 days from Texas and then the
    > > > visa from Manila and was prepared to wait
    > > > years for the AOS interview but filed on Nov 2, 2001 and had interview on Feb
    > > > 6, 2002. And now Texas has process everything and we got her conditional
    > > > permanent resident card today. One question. On the Welcome to America letter
    > > > it says to file many months before the expiration of the card but everything
    > > > else I have gotten says not to apply more than 90 days before it expires. So
    > > > which one is correct. Good luck to everyone waiting and we hope you get yours
    > > > very soon
    > > >
    > > > Gerald & Elsa
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    >