Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

PERM Complete (possibly), and next step

PERM Complete (possibly), and next step

Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PERM Complete (possibly), and next step

Originally Posted by nudda
Indeed that is what I am worried about. The company I am working for has been going through a major re-org and with all the politics going around it may impact my role.
PED = Sep 2019
Expiration = Sept 2021
Fair; once you have your EAD/AP in hand, you'll be free to come and go as you please, irrelevant of the L1 and it's PED dates.

I adjusted from L1 to PR, but through marriage, not EB categories so I'm unsure (and wouldn't want to give you incorrect information) when you would no longer be reliant on the underlying L1, but I believe that will be once your EAD/AP card arrives.

You should keep in mind the Sept '19 date; I'm assuming (you can check here) your i94 date is September 19. Your i94 is your legal status in country, not your L1 expiry The company would need to renew the petition next year, again though, I'm unsure if this is actually required once you've submitted for EB based adjustment.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PERM Complete (possibly), and next step

many thanks TKOH. Very useful.

As for the Visa bulletin stating I-485 is not current for AOS, my attorney is hopefuly it will reset October 1 in the new bulletin as they are out of GC's right now but the year ends Sept 30th. Fingers crossed!