Payable to ?

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

willesd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Payable to ?

Hi,

I am about to submit my N-400. I am pretty sure the fee is $390.00 including FP fee. Do I write the check to "US Citizenship and Immigration Services"?
Thank you for your help.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payable to ?

Originally Posted by willesd
Hi,

I am about to submit my N-400. I am pretty sure the fee is $390.00 including FP fee. Do I write the check to "US Citizenship and Immigration Services"?
Thank you for your help.

Check the USCIS website for the fee plus fingerprinting cost and yes that is the name of the agency that goes on the check (USCIS)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

willesd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Check the USCIS website for the fee plus fingerprinting cost and yes that is the name of the agency that goes on the check (USCIS)
I checked the mail I got when I requested N-400 and N-476 last night and found a sheet of paper dedicated to fee information. It says that I should write the check payable to "US Department of Homeland Security." It also says that I should not write initials like USDHS or USCIS. The date on the paper is 6/16/04. Now I am a little confused. If anybody has written a check to them(?) recently, could you please shed some light?
Thank you.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

iitu is on a distinguished road

I checked the mail I got when I requested N-400 and N-476 last night and found a sheet of paper dedicated to fee information. It says that I should write the check payable to "US Department of Homeland Security." It also says that I should not write initials like USDHS or USCIS. The date on the paper is 6/16/04. Now I am a little confused. If anybody has written a check to them(?) recently, could you please shed some light?
Thank you.
Follow what the form says.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:38 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
I have written checks to USCIS and so far It's been ok!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
I just wrote a check to them on February 1st, and I made it out to "USCIS" (yes, the acronym). It worked for me last June, hopefully it works for me this time around as well.

Rene