passports?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

AnnThatWas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passports?

sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but could not find anything on a search try...when leaving usa on us passport, should i use my uk passport at entry in england? or doesnt it matter?
thanks
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:26 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passports?

Originally Posted by AnnThatWas
sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but could not find anything on a search try...when leaving usa on us passport, should i use my uk passport at entry in england? or doesnt it matter?
thanks
Hi. yes, you should leave and enter US soil with your us passport. And when you enter and leave UK it should be on your UK passport.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:45 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callé
Hi. yes, you should leave and enter US soil with your us passport. And when you enter and leave UK it should be on your UK passport.
Although, unlike the US, which insists that US citizens enter the USA on a US passport, the UK does not insist that British citizens use a British passport to enter the UK. As long as the passport is sufficient for the purpose of the entry into the UK, that is all right. So, if a dual US-British citizen wanted to enter the UK for a short holiday, for example, he or she would be at liberty to use a US passport. This would necessitate, of course, filling in an entry card and being interviewed at passport control about the length and purpose of the trip, etc. However, all that said, there is generally little point in doing so, and it would indeed be much more straightforward to use the British passport.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:22 am
Just Joined

AnnThatWas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CPW
Although, unlike the US, which insists that US citizens enter the USA on a US passport, the UK does not insist that British citizens use a British passport to enter the UK. As long as the passport is sufficient for the purpose of the entry into the UK, that is all right. So, if a dual US-British citizen wanted to enter the UK for a short holiday, for example, he or she would be at liberty to use a US passport. This would necessitate, of course, filling in an entry card and being interviewed at passport control about the length and purpose of the trip, etc. However, all that said, there is generally little point in doing so, and it would indeed be much more straightforward to use the British passport.
to calle and cpw,
thanks i had forgotten about that little entry card, and the why are you here questions....i ll use the us to get out and the uk to get in..thanks again
ann