Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Passport style photos for interview

Passport style photos for interview

Old May 1st 2004, 10:30 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about
Default Passport style photos for interview

Hi folks

I have yet to receive Packet 3 so don't have the info to hand but I want to go get my US passport-style photos taken today. HOw many do I need? 2? 4?

Cheers!

Andy
Old May 1st 2004, 1:44 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport style photos for interview

You'll need one for the medical and two for the interview.
Old May 1st 2004, 5:51 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
You'll need one for the medical and two for the interview.
Thanks. Couldn't get them done in the end as both the Jessop's shops in Glasgow City Centre had faulty machines and, according to Klik, nowhere in Glasgow will be able to do the new format. Looks like I will be waiting until I hit London.

One of the Jessop's claimed to have run out of film. In a camera shop!?!?!?
Old May 1st 2004, 10:21 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Haggis,

I posted the new photo specifications for the passport photo on Visajourney. Heres a link you might want to take a look at, scroll down 3 quarters of the way down the page. There you'll see the specifications i scanned in.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...topic=6283&hl=

Cheers

James
Old May 2nd 2004, 10:35 am
Skyscrapered

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Haggis,

I posted the new photo specifications for the passport photo on Visajourney. Heres a link you might want to take a look at, scroll down 3 quarters of the way down the page. There you'll see the specifications i scanned in.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...topic=6283&hl=

Cheers

James
James,

Yeah I had seen that and printed off the specs to take to the photo shops. I have to say they were less than helpful. At least the girl in Klik knew exactly what it was and let me know I'd have a hard job getting it done up here. I'll wait for the list the embassy sends with Packet 3 and see what I decide then. Just would have been handy to have that done and out of the way this weekend.
Old May 2nd 2004, 10:48 am

Originally posted by Haggischomper
James,

Yeah I had seen that and printed off the specs to take to the photo shops. I have to say they were less than helpful. At least the girl in Klik knew exactly what it was and let me know I'd have a hard job getting it done up here. I'll wait for the list the embassy sends with Packet 3 and see what I decide then. Just would have been handy to have that done and out of the way this weekend.
Sorry should of posted this yesterday, these are some of the photo shops they recommend in Packet 3:

Glasgow:

Venart Photography
39 Bath Street
Glasgow G2 1HW
Tel/fax: 0141 332 4683

I got mine done at a chain called "Snappy Snaps". There website address is:

www.snappysnaps.com

They might have some in Scotland, not sure, the good thing is they only cost £9.99 as opposed to £30. Make sure you ask for the "U.S. Passport Style" the British ones aren't accepted.

James
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:11 am

I found a Snappy Snaps in Glasgow for you:

Snappy Snaps:
Glasgow: 306 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8AW 0141 339 7879
Old May 2nd 2004, 5:36 pm
horseradish

lessthanstellar is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll need 3 photos for your medical, one for one of the forms in your packet 3. 4 in all for K1

lessthanstellar.
Old May 2nd 2004, 5:56 pm
Skyscrapered

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Sorry should of posted this yesterday, these are some of the photo shops they recommend in Packet 3:

Glasgow:

Venart Photography
39 Bath Street
Glasgow G2 1HW
Tel/fax: 0141 332 4683

I got mine done at a chain called "Snappy Snaps". There website address is:

www.snappysnaps.com

They might have some in Scotland, not sure, the good thing is they only cost £9.99 as opposed to £30. Make sure you ask for the "U.S. Passport Style" the British ones aren't accepted.

James
Aha! Good man! I'll check them out.