passport

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

aaronjamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport

yes i am pretty stupid..but i may have lost my passport. panic mode. it's ok for the aos as i've already scanned all the pages and printed them to send away, when it comes to going for the biometrics do i need to take my passport? or could i take my unexpired british driving license and the scans of my passport?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport

You need a government-issued photo ID.

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

You should probably report it as lost to the consulate.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

On my biometrics appt letter it says:

Applicants must bring their permanent resident card, or a passport, driver's license, national ID, military ID, or State-issued photo ID.

Note it says "driver's license" not US driver's license.

So I would guess you'd be ok with your UK licence. If not you'll have to apply for a new passport and reschedule the biometrics for when you have it? Good luck!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

In most countries drivers licenses are issued by a government agency, and do have a picture of the licensee.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Note it says "driver's license" not US driver's license.

So I would guess you'd be ok with your UK licence.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

When you said government-issued photo ID I assumed you meant US govt.... So you agree that he should be fine with UK licence then?

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

When you said government-issued photo ID I assumed you meant US govt.... So you agree that he should be fine with UK licence then?

I agree with this. His license from the UK would be a government-issued photo ID.

Rene
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:21 pm

'nough said.

Regards, JEff

I assumed ...
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:23 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aaronjamie
yes i am pretty stupid..but i may have lost my passport. panic mode. it's ok for the aos as i've already scanned all the pages and printed them to send away, when it comes to going for the biometrics do i need to take my passport? or could i take my unexpired british driving license and the scans of my passport?
Check if you left it in the scanner!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:26 pm

Or in the pants you put into the washing machine.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by RICH
Check if you left it in the scanner!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scanner, that's a good one!

Jeff I can see now that of course you're correct. Government can mean not only the US govt. However, as a lot of OPs are either worried, paranoid, stressed, upset, (or all of those), it might help to clarify. I read it (assumed) as "US govt" and I'm not even worried, paranoid, stressed or upset at this very moment! So perhaps you could have written for example "govt issued ID so your UK license should be fine". Just a tip for next time!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 5:58 pm

As I (and Ian, and a few others) often advise - read what is written. Do not delete words, change words, or, in this case, add words that are not there.
And most important of all, do not assume.

Just two tips for next time.

Regards, JEff

Jeff I can see now that of course you're correct. Government can mean not only the US govt. However, as a lot of OPs are either worried, paranoid, stressed, upset, (or all of those), it might help to clarify. I read it (assumed) as "US govt" and I'm not even worried, paranoid, stressed or upset at this very moment! So perhaps you could have written for example "govt issued ID so your UK license should be fine". Just a tip for next time!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I still think you could have clarified that issue, y'know, just to be friendly and (more) helpful... But we have to agree to disagree. At least I agree to disagree!

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:21 pm

I'm just trying to help you break your addiction.

Regards, JEff

I still think you could have clarified that issue, y'know, just to be friendly and (more) helpful... But we have to agree to disagree. At least I agree to disagree!

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah ok cheers mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.