Paperwork etc, to be filed

Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

bluefox is on a distinguished road
Default Paperwork etc, to be filed

Hi

Im almost ready to let the paperwork go off in the mail - but before I do could someone give me a quick run down of everything to be included in each of the applications for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 and I-864?

I would be very grateful, as Im getting kinda nervous now!!

thanks for your help.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork etc, to be filed

Originally Posted by bluefox
Hi

Im almost ready to let the paperwork go off in the mail - but before I do could someone give me a quick run down of everything to be included in each of the applications for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 and I-864?

I would be very grateful, as Im getting kinda nervous now!!

thanks for your help.
Hi bluefox,

You can read a detailed list of what we included for our AOS here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=aos+phoenix

Please note:
1. We did not need an I-130, so that form is not on there.
2. Double check the fees, as ours was done in 2004.
3. Photos are now passport-style.
4. Your whole packet gets mailed now to the Chicago lockbox address.

Dang, a lot has changed in a year! lol But the rest of that thread should help you quite a bit.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:54 am
Just Joined

hollyga is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Go to BCIS wesbite and then click FAQ ....and then click adjustment of status and then choose "how to become a permanent resident". This will give you detailed info on what are the list of required forms by BCIS, updated fees, supporting documents & where to file the forms.

Tips:

1. make separate checks or money orders for each form that require fees.
2. photocopy your documents before filing (so you have your own file of what docuemtns you've submitted).
3. organize your forms and supporting documents. label them, place them in a folder & then put in mailing envelope.
4. mail to designated BCIS office (preferably use a mailing system that you can tract, so you know that it will be received by BCIS office).

Good luck in your application!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

bluefox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi bluefox,

You can read a detailed list of what we included for our AOS here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=aos+phoenix

Please note:
1. We did not need an I-130, so that form is not on there.
2. Double check the fees, as ours was done in 2004.
3. Photos are now passport-style.
4. Your whole packet gets mailed now to the Chicago lockbox address.

Dang, a lot has changed in a year! lol But the rest of that thread should help you quite a bit.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi Rene

Thanks again! Can you tell me what an I-797 is, I dont have one of those!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluefox
Hi Rene

Thanks again! Can you tell me what an I-797 is, I dont have one of those!
In my list, the I-797 is the NOA (Notice of Action) from his K-1 visa petition. You won't have one of those.

Rene