Panic Disorder

Old Jun 4th 2003, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

So if it's rescheduled for another date, what makes you sure you will be able to attend then?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

klalmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

What i can do? I don`t have any choice...If i can`t go again I will call and reschedulle again....I am very worry with that!!!
Old Jun 5th 2003, 3:35 am
Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .

Default Re: Panic Disorder

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:34:52 +0000, desusa
wrote:

>Originally posted by Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .
    >> Buspar is not any good u need Paxil that really works... I tried
    >> Buspar and it did NOTHING.... Paxil works believe me it works very
    >> very well. After 2 to 3 weeks on it u will not care about going to INS
    >it will be like going to market I'M telling you.
    >Unless you are this poster's doctor you should refrain from recommending
    >any potential psychoactive drugs. What you are suggesting is dangerous.
    >Please leave it to a professional.

No its not dangerous if he asks for it and his doctor gives it to him
there is absolutely no harm in trying it. He has taken it and it did
not work for him, ok then... that was my suggestion.. however I
suggested it to my doctor he gave it to me and it works quite well in
my case.

Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:33 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .
On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:34:52 +0000, desusa
wrote:
    >Unless you are this poster's doctor you should refrain from recommending
    >any potential psychoactive drugs. What you are suggesting is dangerous.
    >Please leave it to a professional.

No its not dangerous if he asks for it and his doctor gives it to him
there is absolutely no harm in trying it. He has taken it and it did
not work for him, ok then... that was my suggestion.. however I
suggested it to my doctor he gave it to me and it works quite well in my case.
But you're NOT simply suggesting the OP ask his/her doctor for Paxil. If that's all you were doing, then this wouldn't be an issue.

I agree completely with Desusa -- you are NOT this person's doctor, you don't sound like a doctor at all, yet you are giving SPECIFIC medical advice to the OP -- emphasis added:

You tell the OP what medication to take -- "go to doctor and get PAXIL that is what u need its for panic disorders."

And you tell the OP what meds NOT to take -- "Buspar is not any good u need Paxil that really works."

You say what dosage the OP should take -- "20 MG every day should do the trick for u"

You give the OP a specific timeframe for which the meds would work -- "It takes 3 weeks for it to work and u will notice nothing will worry u like it did before."

You are NOT simply saying, "I had this same problem and was prescribed Paxil. After 2-3 weeks at 20mg/day, I was doing great. Paxil might not work for you, but it could, so you might consider asking your doctor about it."

Instead, you are dispensing SPECIFIC advice regarding this medication. You have NO way of knowing what dosage is appropriate for the OP, nor how long it might take (if ever) for the meds to be effective for the OP. Every person is different. Don't assume that because it worked for you at a particular dosage within a certain amount of time that it will for everyone else. Please be responsible if you're going to give out advice.

~ Jenney
Old Jun 5th 2003, 4:37 pm
Ron

He's not a doctor, he just plays one on NGs. ;-)

"Jenney & Mark" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .
    > > On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:34:52 +0000, desusa
    > > wrote:
    > > >Unless you are this poster's doctor you should refrain from
    > > recommending
    > > >any potential psychoactive drugs. What you are suggesting is
    > > dangerous.
    > > >Please leave it to a professional.
    > >
    > >
    > > No its not dangerous if he asks for it and his doctor gives it to him
    > > there is absolutely no harm in trying it. He has taken it and it did
    > > not work for him, ok then... that was my suggestion.. however I
    > > suggested it to my doctor he gave it to me and it works quite well in
    > > my case.
    > But you're NOT simply suggesting the OP ask his/her doctor for Paxil. If
    > that's all you were doing, then this wouldn't be an issue.
    > I agree completely with Desusa -- you are NOT this person's doctor, you
    > don't sound like a doctor at all, yet you are giving SPECIFIC medical
    > advice to the OP -- emphasis added:
    > You tell the OP what medication to take -- "go to doctor and get
    > PAXIL that is what u need its for panic disorders."
    > And you tell the OP what meds NOT to take -- "Buspar is not any
    > good u need Paxil that really works."
    > You say what dosage the OP should take -- "20 MG every day
    > should do the trick for u"
    > You give the OP a specific timeframe for which the meds would work --
    > "It takes 3 weeks for it to work and u will notice
    > nothing will worry u like it did before."
    > You are NOT simply saying, "I had this same problem and was prescribed
    > Paxil. After 2-3 weeks at 20mg/day, I was doing great. Paxil might not
    > work for you, but it could, so you might consider asking your doctor
    > about it."
    > Instead, you are dispensing SPECIFIC advice regarding this medication.
    > You have NO way of knowing what dosage is appropriate for the OP, nor
    > how long it might take (if ever) for the meds to be effective for the
    > OP. Every person is different. Don't assume that because it worked for
    > you at a particular dosage within a certain amount of time that it
    > will for everyone else. Please be responsible if you're going to give
    > out advice.
    > ~ Jenney
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 6th 2003, 3:20 am
Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:33:11 +0000, Jenney & Mark
wrote:

>Originally posted by Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .
    >> On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:34:52 +0000, desusa
    >> wrote:
    >> >Unless you are this poster's doctor you should refrain from
    >> recommending
    >> >any potential psychoactive drugs. What you are suggesting is
    >> dangerous.
    >> >Please leave it to a professional.
    >> No its not dangerous if he asks for it and his doctor gives it to him
    >> there is absolutely no harm in trying it. He has taken it and it did
    >> not work for him, ok then... that was my suggestion.. however I
    >> suggested it to my doctor he gave it to me and it works quite well in
    >> my case.
    >But you're NOT simply suggesting the OP ask his/her doctor for Paxil. If
    >that's all you were doing, then this wouldn't be an issue.
    >I agree completely with Desusa -- you are NOT this person's doctor, you
    >don't sound like a doctor at all, yet you are giving SPECIFIC medical
    >advice to the OP -- emphasis added:
    >You tell the OP what medication to take -- "go to doctor and get
    >PAXIL that is what u need its for panic disorders."
    >And you tell the OP what meds NOT to take -- "Buspar is not any
    >good u need Paxil that really works."
    >You say what dosage the OP should take -- "20 MG every day
    >should do the trick for u"
    >You give the OP a specific timeframe for which the meds would work --
    >"It takes 3 weeks for it to work and u will notice
    >nothing will worry u like it did before."
    >You are NOT simply saying, "I had this same problem and was prescribed
    >Paxil. After 2-3 weeks at 20mg/day, I was doing great. Paxil might not
    >work for you, but it could, so you might consider asking your doctor
    >about it."
    >Instead, you are dispensing SPECIFIC advice regarding this medication.
    >You have NO way of knowing what dosage is appropriate for the OP, nor
    >how long it might take (if ever) for the meds to be effective for the
    >OP. Every person is different. Don't assume that because it worked for
    >you at a particular dosage within a certain amount of time that it
    >will for everyone else. Please be responsible if you're going to give
    >out advice.
    >~ Jenney

Actually I am a neurosurgeon and can dispense any advice I dam well
please!!!

Old Jun 6th 2003, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by klalmoon
What i can do? I don`t have any choice...If i can`t go again I will call and reschedulle again....I am very worry with that!!!

If you can't keep the rescheduled appointment than just drop getting the EAD altogether. While it would be wonderful if you were able to overcome your fears, whether with chemical intervention or plain old mind control if you are unable to keep this next appointment just let the matter go. Concentrate on getting yourself over this period in your time.

I know it might come across flippantly but why are you worried about the BCIS? The process is not something to be so stressed out about that it causes your emotional problems. You are married? Your marriage is valid and you have proof of its validity? You don't have ghosts in your closets waiting to come out and pounce on you? You are relatively healthy physically and emotionally? You entered the US legally and have remained within status at all times? You don't have a criminal past to haunt you?

Unless there is something that might cause BCIS to deny you outright for adjustment of status, then forget about the BCIS for now and live your life as happily as a newly married couple should be living their lives.

I'm not a believer in chemical intervention for emotional issues. While I say that about myself, I am fully aware that there are people and emotional health issues that clearly warrant the use of drugs in order to live a somewhat staid life ;-) So my belief is not a put down of you or anyone else's medical needs and/or treatment.

I work through difficult situations by doing all I can in any given situation. When I have run out of ways to handle them and it appears that I can find a resolution, I consciously "give up". I say to myself: "There is nothing more I can do. I leave this in your hands to deal with and accept whatever outcome there is." Note" the reference "your hands" could be a reference to God if you are a believer, your innerself, fate, whatever.

Also the mind cannot handle two thoughts at one time. When you start thinking about the BCIS, think immediately about something else. It does work.

Good luck.

Rete
Old Jun 6th 2003, 2:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Casamere H . Perhopski Jr .
On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:33:11 +0000, Jenney & Mark
wrote:

Actually I am a neurosurgeon and can dispense any advice I dam well
please!!!

Actually that is not true and as a doctor you are fully aware that you cannot make medical recommendations without having the full medical history of the patient and hopefully, after having conducted a physical examination of said patient as well.

Just as the two resident attorney's will not give "advice" on a posters specific questions but reply in recounting antedotes from previous client files and/or case histories, you also cannot give medical advice to a poster of a specific nature. You should coach your answer in such a way as to be a suggestion that she take up with her family physician.

Just as I can take Aleve for my pain, my husband can't because of past medical history with a perforated stomach lining. His own physician missed the fact that in the past he had had two ulcers and prescribed a drug for back pain that ate through his stomach and caused him to nearly die when he lost nearly four pints of blood. It would irresponsible for you, as a MD, to tell him online to take Aleve for his back pain without having knowledge of his past medical history. It would be equally irresponsible for him to not read the label on the drug bottle first.

Rete
Old Jun 6th 2003, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
If you can't keep the rescheduled appointment than just drop getting the EAD altogether. While it would be wonderful if you were able to overcome your fears, whether with chemical intervention or plain old mind control if you are unable to keep this next appointment just let the matter go. Concentrate on getting yourself over this period in your time.

I know it might come across flippantly but why are you worried about the BCIS? The process is not something to be so stressed out about that it causes your emotional problems. You are married? Your marriage is valid and you have proof of its validity? You don't have ghosts in your closets waiting to come out and pounce on you? You are relatively healthy physically and emotionally? You entered the US legally and have remained within status at all times? You don't have a criminal past to haunt you?

Unless there is something that might cause BCIS to deny you outright for adjustment of status, then forget about the BCIS for now and live your life as happily as a newly married couple should be living their lives.

I'm not a believer in chemical intervention for emotional issues. While I say that about myself, I am fully aware that there are people and emotional health issues that clearly warrant the use of drugs in order to live a somewhat staid life ;-) So my belief is not a put down of you or anyone else's medical needs and/or treatment.

I work through difficult situations by doing all I can in any given situation. When I have run out of ways to handle them and it appears that I can find a resolution, I consciously "give up". I say to myself: "There is nothing more I can do. I leave this in your hands to deal with and accept whatever outcome there is." Note" the reference "your hands" could be a reference to God if you are a believer, your innerself, fate, whatever.

Also the mind cannot handle two thoughts at one time. When you start thinking about the BCIS, think immediately about something else. It does work.

Good luck.
Hi Rete
Sorry but what do you mean about keep the rescheduled appointment than just drop getting the EAD altogether?
I am not illegal here and my husband is american,my marriage is valid and we are very happy and I entered here with a valid visa. i don`t have any problems concerning my past etc......My problem is my Panic Disorder and face a travel to BCIS that is 1 hour from my house. Is something that just who felt that can understand but i am trying not to think on that anymore, i will wait the BCIS letter with another appointment and I hope they understand my situation because i don`t have nothing to hide. I won`t lie just say the thruth......I am not the only one that have that problem!!
So explain for me if i can go there to get EAD and Work permit together and what can I do about that Ok?
Thanks a lot for all here and please i totally understand Casemere, he/she just wants to help! And thank you for your concern!!
Hugs
klalmoon

Rete
Old Jun 6th 2003, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Hi Rete
Sorry but what do you mean about keep the rescheduled appointment than just drop getting the EAD altogether?
I am not illegal here and my husband is american,my marriage is valid and we are very happy and I entered here with a valid visa. i don`t have any problems concerning my past etc......My problem is my Panic Disorder and face a travel to BCIS that is 1 hour from my house. Is something that just who felt that can understand but i am trying not to think on that anymore, i will wait the BCIS letter with another appointment and I hope they understand my situation because i don`t have nothing to hide. I won`t lie just say the thruth......I am not the only one that have that problem!!
So explain for me if i can go there to get EAD and Work permit together and what can I do about that Ok?
Thanks a lot for all here and please i totally understand Casemere, he/she just wants to help! And thank you for your concern!!
Hugs
klalmoon
Glad to hear that you are here legally and that there are no issues that would prevent you from adjusting status.

As for my saying perhaps you might want to forget about the EAD issue altogether, I say that because I realize that the thought of going to the BCIS office causes you to panic and therefore, not going there to get a document that you probably will not be using at all might be a better solution for you at the present time.

It is only an assumption on my part, so please forgive me if I am wrong, but if you panic at the thought of going to pick up an EAD card then will you be able to cope with job hunting, interviewing and starting employment in a new country? If not, then you don't really need the EAD for anything other than having physical proof of your status while your adjustment is pending.

It is my hope that in the months preceding your adjustment interview, you and your doctor will be able to determine a course of treatment that will help you keep the attacks to a minimum so that when you are finally scheduled for the adjustment interview you won't find yourself in the very same situation as you are in with the thoughts of going to pick up an EAD that doesn't require an interview.

Remember something that you might have forgotten. You are stronger emotionally than you give yourself credit for. You are here in the US from another country. You have married someone that you probably haven't known very long. You have left everything and everyone behind that had ever mattered to you and you are still coping admirably. When an attack starts, remind yourself of all the situations you have shown your strength in and have survived and tell yourself you can do it again.

Pulling for you.

Rete
Old Jun 6th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

klalmoon , just make sure u have documentation. good luck
Old Jun 6th 2003, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Glad to hear that you are here legally and that there are no issues that would prevent you from adjusting status.

As for my saying perhaps you might want to forget about the EAD issue altogether, I say that because I realize that the thought of going to the BCIS office causes you to panic and therefore, not going there to get a document that you probably will not be using at all might be a better solution for you at the present time.

It is only an assumption on my part, so please forgive me if I am wrong, but if you panic at the thought of going to pick up an EAD card then will you be able to cope with job hunting, interviewing and starting employment in a new country? If not, then you don't really need the EAD for anything other than having physical proof of your status while your adjustment is pending.

It is my hope that in the months preceding your adjustment interview, you and your doctor will be able to determine a course of treatment that will help you keep the attacks to a minimum so that when you are finally scheduled for the adjustment interview you won't find yourself in the very same situation as you are in with the thoughts of going to pick up an EAD that doesn't require an interview.

Remember something that you might have forgotten. You are stronger emotionally than you give yourself credit for. You are here in the US from another country. You have married someone that you probably haven't known very long. You have left everything and everyone behind that had ever mattered to you and you are still coping admirably. When an attack starts, remind yourself of all the situations you have shown your strength in and have survived and tell yourself you can do it again.

Pulling for you.

Rete
Can I do that? Don`t get my work permit now and wait until I feel better? i didn`t know that , I thought that I needed to go there and get the work permit because i applied.....You didn`t get wrong, for me now is very difficult this situation and I would like to have more time to feel better and secure to travel that far now.
Can i call BCIS and explain the situation? Do you think that they will postpone my appearence there to get the work permit together with the fingerprint? I will have more time to make the medication work!! i have all my documentation in order and , again (answering another user) I am not worry with nothing and don`t feel insecure going there because i have something to hide.
Rete, thank you for your concern and if you know something that i can do right now please tell me ok? I do prefer wait more time and like you said, all things are so different from my country( Brazil) and for me is taking more time to get used with.
Hugs
klalmoon
Old Jun 6th 2003, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

I just want to let you know that i received a letter from BCIS today, they sent me the letter that i wrote explaining my case back with a message telling me that i could come there when i feel recovered!!!!
I am feeling so much better now, I will have more time to work with my panic disorder and i know that everything will be all right!!
Thanks a lot everybody here!!
Hugs
klalmoon
Old Jun 7th 2003, 12:12 am
Concierge

I just want to let you know that i received a letter from BCIS today, they sent me the letter that i wrote explaining my case back with a message telling me that i could come there when i feel recovered!!!!
I am feeling so much better now, I will have more time to work with my panic disorder and i know that everything will be all right!!
Thanks a lot everybody here!!
Hugs
klalmoon
Great news!

Rete
Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:02 pm
Soft

>I want to thanks everybody here, your words make me feel better and just
    >to let you know that i am already taking Buspar, and just went at the
    >doctor and i know that the next time i will feel better to go at
    >INS.....These times are so difficult specially for me that had suffer
    >with Panic Disorder for 5 years, sometimes i am so good but there are
    >times that i feel very bad, This immigration process is very stressful
    >and made my problems with panic worst. .......
    >Thanks and God bless you all.
    >Klalmoon
    >PS: If someone just went thru this problem here in US during the
    > Immigration process I would like to talk about, send me an email to
    >[email protected]

Watch taking things like xanax, they can bite you in the butt with
addiction. Short term is the key there. I found no relief with Paxil.
It takes time to find what will work and what doesn't. The hardest
part is the attach its self. Try to breath slow and steady.
Treat your self to relaxing things like hot baths, relaxing massages.
Stress will really trigger some mean attacks.
I have suffered with this thing for 20 years on and off. I have found
no real cure. Just trying to de-stress (alcohol is not helpful) much
as possible. Hopefully your doctor can assist with a medication that
can help.
Karryl
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-- - Albert Einstein

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.