Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Overstayed and want to return back to UK

Overstayed and want to return back to UK

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:15 am
Banned

HasanJamil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overstayed and want to return back to UK

Dear All,

I overstayed my UK visitor visa back in year 2006. My visitior visa was for 6 months from 1st March 2006- 1st September 2006. But I came back on 1st Feburuary 2007. I was not deported. Now I want to return back to UK on Tier 1 Visa(General). Also I lost the passport that had my visa stamp(1st March 2006- 1st September 2006) while I was in UK .I came back to my home country on temporary Travel Document. Now the question is that whether the UK immigration authorities will know that I overstayed in UK. Will I be allowed to come back to UK under Tier 1 Visa(General).

cheers,
Hasan Jamil
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice
Default Re: Overstayed and want to return back to UK

Originally Posted by HasanJamil
Dear All,

I overstayed my UK visitor visa back in year 2006. My visitior visa was for 6 months from 1st March 2006- 1st September 2006. But I came back on 1st Feburuary 2007. I was not deported. Now I want to return back to UK on Tier 1 Visa(General). Also I lost the passport that had my visa stamp(1st March 2006- 1st September 2006) while I was in UK .I came back to my home country on temporary Travel Document. Now the question is that whether the UK immigration authorities will know that I overstayed in UK. Will I be allowed to come back to UK under Tier 1 Visa(General).

cheers,
Hasan Jamil
Immigration rules in the Uk are in place for a reason, and i'm sorry but i don't think 'british expats' is the right forum for information on how to bend these rules.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dessiree
Immigration rules in the Uk are in place for a reason, and i'm sorry but i don't think 'british expats' is the right forum for information on how to bend these rules.
The OP's not trying to bend the rules They've admitted they broke the law previously and are now asking if anyone here 'knows' what, if any, problems they'll have entering on a new, valid, visa.

OP, sorry no idea.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dessiree

I don't see what you are seeing I guess. He is being honest.

To the OP: I would just do it if it were me. Maybe call and ask and explained what happend. They may red flag you and make sure you are at the addy you say you are going to be at.
Then again you left on your own free will that I would assume counts for something.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HasanJamil
Now the question is that whether the UK immigration authorities will know that I overstayed in UK. Will I be allowed to come back to UK under Tier 1 Visa(General).
All you can do is apply to the British High Commission/Embassy in your home country. If you have been flagged as an over stayer on the Home Office Warning Index, which the visa officer will have access to, you are in for some hard questioning. What the outcome will be will depend very much on that interview.