Overstayed VWP - questions

Old May 17th 2012, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ragnox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overstayed VWP - questions

I just know there is a process involved to reapply for admission if you are banned. It can either be done by a US citizen who is in the US or it can be done at the US embassy in London
Old May 17th 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Well I haven't worked anything out. It isn't to hard to research and find testimonials.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragnox
I just know there is a process involved to reapply for admission if you are banned. It can either be done by a US citizen who is in the US or it can be done at the US embassy in London
I think you need to do more research. A USC can only file a petition for an immediate relative, not for a visitor.

When you go to a visa interview at the US Embassy in London, if there is a waiver available for the visa you are seeking, you'll be told you need a waiver at that time.

But if you're after a B-2 to visit the USA, there is nothing anyone can do from the USA. You do it all in the UK.

Rene
Old May 17th 2012, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

I plan to marry a USC - She will be joining me in the UK in the near future. I have been going back and forth form the UK-US for 3 years now. So when that happens I will be classified as immediate family.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have been going back and forth form the UK-US for 3 years now.
This is amusingly misleading... considering you haven't actually been going anywhere for the last 13 or so months!

Ian
Old May 17th 2012, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

I first came to the US in 2009 for the same reason I am here now. I last came here in February of last year and didn't leave on May of last year as I should.

Although I have been here for 13 Months (overstay) I have in fact being coming back and forth since 2009.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I plan to marry a USC - She will be joining me in the UK in the near future. I have been going back and forth form the UK-US for 3 years now. So when that happens I will be classified as immediate family.
OK. I was not aware of that, since everyone else on here was talking about visiting the USA, not immigrating there. Thanks for clarifying.

Rene
Old May 17th 2012, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

I would only need to come back to the US in the event of a death in her family or some other emergency. So I'm sure something could be arranged if that was the case.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:08 pm

I would only need to come back to the US in the event of a death in her family or some other emergency. So I'm sure something could be arranged if that was the case.
Maybe, although it wouldn't be a quick process (as in a matter of days, as is the case with emergency travel).

Rene
Old May 17th 2012, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully I wont have to go through that anyway. I only wanted to come here to find out about any problems I may have at check in.

I have already been detained once by US officials and held for hours. I almost missed a connecting flight because of them. They were in fact the trigger to my overstay in the first place.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:12 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

This story drips out in bits.

Once you leave, the ban is invoked. If you actually want to live in the US, you should investigate all the possibilities BEFORE you take this step.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

lol @farbrit. I honestly have no intention to come back here but in the event of a problem with my future's wife's family i.e a death she would want me to travel with her, therefore I would need to tap into that waver.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

I have already been detained once by US officials and held for hours. I almost missed a connecting flight because of them. They were in fact the trigger to my overstay in the first place.
US officials caused you to overstay? I'm intrigued.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

At my interview in New York they told me I wouldn't be able to gain entrance again and this would be my last visit on the VWP. They basically told me I was abusing the VWP.

I didn't think I was abusing it. You cant argue with them though only debate.
Old May 17th 2012, 11:21 pm

lol @farbrit. I honestly have no intention to come back here but in the event of a problem with my future's wife's family i.e a death she would want me to travel with her, therefore I would need to tap into that waver.
I understand....but keep in mind that applying for a visitor visa and waiver can take up to a couple of months to process....so in the event of a real emergency, you most likely won't be getting your visa to travel in time to be of any benefit in the emergency situation.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 17th 2012 at 11:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.