Overstayed VWP - questions

Old May 17th 2012, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ragnox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overstayed VWP - questions

I am British Citizen and I have overstayed my visa in the US by over ayear, currently 13 months! I know there will be many haters but I assure you it has been for many valid reasons I just wasn't able to leave when I should have!

I am going to be leaving the US in the next 15 days and I am fully aware of the ban I will receive on exit.

My question is this though. Do you know of any issues that I may be faced with when I go to check in and my passport is swiped at the airport?

I am going to contact the UK embassy to and see what they say.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragnox
I am British Citizen and I have overstayed my visa in the US by over ayear, currently 13 months! I know there will be many haters but I assure you it has been for many valid reasons I just wasn't able to leave when I should have!

I am going to be leaving the US in the next 15 days and I am fully aware of the ban I will receive on exit.

My question is this though. Do you know of any issues that I may be faced with when I go to check in and my passport is swiped at the airport?

You will not have a problem leaving the US or entering the UK. I doubt the UK Embassy will be interested...pointless calling them IMO.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Should I call US Immigration to inform them of my intention to leave? Or is that not a wise move?

I know I have done wrong by overstaying but I just want to go home now.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Might as well call them to ask them if they know the best way to lance a boil or how to cure lawn fungus.

Just leave -- no-one will hassle you.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Should I call US Immigration to inform them of my intention to leave?
No. They don't need to be informed. You can just exit the USA.

Rene
Old May 17th 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ok - Well thank you for the prompt reply's!

When will the 10 year ban come into effect? as soon as I have departed?
Old May 17th 2012, 10:26 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Ok - Well thank you for the prompt reply's!

When will the 10 year ban come into effect? as soon as I have departed?
Yep -- keep all and any documentation. If you want to visit again, apply for a B2 in a decade's time.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Yep -- keep all and any documentation. If you want to visit again, apply for a B2 in a decade's time.
yup ..and they will still deny you ....
Old May 17th 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

I don't have any need to re-enter the US anytime soon. I know it can be petitioned from within the US and the ban wavered from within the UK so not all hope is lost if I need to come back here in 3-5 years!
Old May 17th 2012, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have overstayed my visa in the US by over ayear, currently 13 months!
Did you actually have a visa, or did you use the VWP?

Ian
Old May 17th 2012, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

VWP
Old May 17th 2012, 10:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

VWP
I'm sure you know, but just to state again, you can NEVER use the VWP again. You MUST apply for a B-2 visitor's visa in the future.

Rene
Old May 17th 2012, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I am fully aware of that.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:37 pm

I know it can be petitioned from within the US and the ban wavered from within the UK so not all hope is lost if I need to come back here in 3-5 years!
What is "it" in your above sentence? A B-2 visitor's visa does not involve a petition filed from within the USA.

Rene
Old May 17th 2012, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... so not all hope is lost if I need to come back here in 3-5 years!
Well then, you've worked it all out to your benefit... so, good for you!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.