Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Overstay on vwp, denied entry, b2 interview tomorrow!

Overstay on vwp, denied entry, b2 interview tomorrow!

Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

ERitchie_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overstay on vwp, denied entry, b2 interview tomorrow!

If anyone can help me overnight and post any info that would be much appreciated!

I overstayed on a vwp in 2008 by 4 months. when I was 23 - young dumb and in love.

I tried to reenter on a vwp in 2010 and was denied entry, held at port elizabeth dention centre and sent back on the next flight. lovely experience.

I now have an appointment tomorrow at the embassy in london for a b2. I have done some prep but if anyone has any positive advice they can give me overnight it would be much appreciated.

my main worries, if they're even relevant, do I mention that I had a girlfriend or do I just say I was visiting friends when I overstayed etc.

wish me luck!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:09 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overstay on vwp, denied entry, b2 interview tomorrow!

Sure others will chim in but you better make sure you have loads of evidence to produce, thats factual about your commitments in the UK job, bills, mortgage and so it goes on.

Good luck let us know!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:39 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

What did they write in your passport? Was it just 8 CFR 217 and 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) that was written or was there also (6)(C)(i) in there anywhere?

The smart money would be on a very short exchange with the ConOff, if any, followed by a denial. 2008/2010 is still recent history. That's a significant overstay. They may think it's too soon and not even bother to look at your evidence.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can only try and see, let us know what happens.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:28 am
UKC
Forum Regular

UKC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ERitchie_24
my main worries, if they're even relevant, do I mention that I had a girlfriend or do I just say I was visiting friends when I overstayed etc.

wish me luck!
May as well be truthful and say girlfriend for the previous indiscretion.

If you want to visit the same or another girlfriend this time, you may want to consider what you say very carefully

Good luck