overstay,,

Old Jun 21st 2002, 11:20 pm
Agentb

Default overstay,,

thanks agian MT, well I spent everyday for the last year with her, and it was a fairy
tail, everything was perfect I do not think I could wait a year I am flying there on
wed to see her, You mentioned that I could go to canada or Europe, how would that
bring us together, she has relatives in canada and could get there with little
problem, is this an option. Also if I go there will I loss my US citizenship,,,
thanks for all your help

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 12:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: overstay,,

Agentb wrote:
    > thanks agian MT, well I spent everyday for the last year with her, and it was a
    > fairy tail, everything was perfect I do not think I could wait a year I am flying
    > there on wed to see her, You mentioned that I could go to canada or Europe, how
    > would that bring us together, she has relatives in canada and could get there with
    > little problem, is this an option. Also if I go there will I loss my US
    > citizenship,,, thanks for all your help

You can only lose your US citizenship by voluntarily giving it up...or be a
terrorist and let Dubya take away all your rights (which also works quite well,
evidently). Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org

Mrtravel

There should be someway for you to followup to a post without starting a new one.
This doesn't confuse people that weren't listening earlier.

I mentioned you could go to Canada or Europe if you HAD to be with her and didn't
want to move to her country. This is if she can't get a waiver or you don't want to
wait. You and her, of course, would have to be eligible to live in the country you
plan to go to. You mentioned she could "get there" with no problem. I wasn't talking
about just getting there, I was talking about living there. It would be good to be
near her family members. And Canada is similar to the US, so you might find it
"bearable". These are alternatives...... You are the one that suggested that INS
might cause you to lose her.

Agentb wrote:
    >
    > thanks agian MT, well I spent everyday for the last year with her, and it was a
    > fairy tail, everything was perfect I do not think I could wait a year I am flying
    > there on wed to see her, You mentioned that I could go to canada or Europe, how
    > would that bring us together, she has relatives in canada and could get there with
    > little problem, is this an option. Also if I go there will I loss my US
    > citizenship,,, thanks for all your help

Agentb

Ok I tryed repling to your reply, see if it works, Ok I understand now about the
canada thing, I just spoke to an lawyer and he stated that there is no way the will
know when she returned, is this true I heard that US airports have a computer system
that records all this is this true have you heard

Mrtravel

Agentb wrote:
    >
    > Ok I tryed repling to your reply, see if it works, Ok I understand now about the
    > canada thing, I just spoke to an lawyer and he stated that there is no way the will
    > know when she returned, is this true I heard that US airports have a computer
    > system that records all this is this true have you heard

Look at it this way. When someone enters the US from Trinidad they fill out an I-94.
INS takes part of it. The other part is given back to the visitor with a date they
are supposed to leave. When this person flies back to Trinidad, the airline employee
takes the form, notates the departure date, then sends it off to INS. (At least that
is what I think happens)

Maybe they don't know when she left. I don't know, you don't know, she doesn't know.
Do you know what you would be risking by committing fraud?

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 1:20 am
Agentb

I am just trying to look at this from every angle, I do not what to do anything
illegal that will make matters worse, I just want us to be together, I am just going
to take things as they come I guess, what else can I do,,,, thanks for the info you
have been very helpful....

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 3:20 am
Lord Hamster

I'm not sure, but I've been told that marriage to a US citizen makes many of these
overstay issues go away. Ask a lawyer if you marry her and do consular processing if
that would make this a moot point.

"Agentb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > I am just trying to look at this from every angle, I do not what to do anything
    > illegal that will make matters worse, I just want us to be together, I am just
    > going to take things as they come I guess, what else
can
    > I do,,,, thanks for the info you have been very helpful....

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 10:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

Lord Hamster wrote:
    > I'm not sure, but I've been told that marriage to a US citizen makes many of these
    > overstay issues go away. Ask a lawyer if you marry her and do consular processing
    > if that would make this a moot point.
    >
Marriage is not an instant cure for an overstay of over 179 days. The US citizen's
spouse can file for a waiver, however. The catcher is that some consulates start
stalling at this point. They put the file on the back shelf and leave it there for a
long time, it seems. The problem is, there is little one can do to make the consulate
do anything they don't want to do.

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 12:20 pm
Morkai Kurst

They know..

The first time I went out there I lost the bottom half of my I-94. Didn't really
understand its importance at the time. The lady on the airline gave me anotherone to
fill out on leaving so I thought no more of it. However when I got to customs on my
second trip I was sent to sit in the waiting area for an interview. Turns out they
had no record of me leaving. I explained about the lost part of the form, and after a
few questions including did I have a boyfriend here and that yes I was going to take
the K1 route and no we had no plans for marriage as of yet. He let me go - Having
just got off a non-stop flight from the UK probably helped convince him I had
actually left the country previous. It was also only a matter of 3 months previous -
I left beginning of Feb came back beginning of May.

So basically yes, they do know when you return and yes they know exactly when you
left if she turned in her I-94. If she didn't she will get pulled aside like I did
purely cause they don't know when she left.

Morkai

"Agentb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Ok I tryed repling to your reply, see if it works, Ok I understand now about the
    > canada thing, I just spoke to an lawyer and he stated that there is no way the will
    > know when she returned, is this true I heard that US airports have a computer
    > system that records all this is this true have
you
    > heard

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 3:20 am
Mrs_blackross

basically, almost all is forgiven when you marry a USC, providing the non-USC is
still IN the US. once you leave after an overstay, you trigger automatic bans that
are difficult to overcome from outside the US.

the"Lord Hamster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure, but I've been told that marriage to a US citizen makes many
of
    > these overstay issues go away. Ask a lawyer if you marry her and do
consular
    > processing if that would make this a moot point.
    >
    >
    > "Agentb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > I am just trying to look at this from every angle, I do not what to do anything
    > > illegal that will make matters worse, I just want us to be together, I am just
    > > going to take things as they come I guess, what else
    > can
    > > I do,,,, thanks for the info you have been very helpful....
    > >
    >