overstay,

Old Jun 21st 2002, 11:20 pm
Agentb

Default overstay,

thanks mttravel. I do not know if she turned in her i-94, do you feel it would be
best if i applied for a marriage visa first and waited to get denied or just tell
them up front about the overstay, the whole problem is time and the INS does not
care. If two people are apart for a long period they just grow apart and that is why
I want to see this resolved quickly, If it takes a few months thats ok but if it
turns into years then we will just end up growing apart. And in they end I will be
losing the one women I truley love, that is why I am considering every option,

Morkai Kurst

Default Re: overstay,

What's stopping you visiting her?

My partner and I have been together for 4 years. I visited him once or twice a year
for a month or so depending on work and things. We are finally in the middle of our
process now, just waiting on some final documentation before I go for K1 interview.

If the love is real, you won't grow apart. Sometimes you begin to despair,
sometimes you just wanna hit something or scream in frustration. But through it all
that love never goes. A phonecall can be all it takes to bring the feelings back as
strong as ever. The longest period apart was just over a year, by the end of it I
was ready to throttle someone but I never ever stopped loving him or dreaming about
our future together.

Love and patience will see you through the pain and frustration of being apart. Trust
in that and your love for each other, the rest will follow.

Yes I'm a sentimental romantic at heart and lacking sleep so please excuse me, its
true though.

Good luck

Morkai

"Agentb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > thanks mttravel. I do not know if she turned in her i-94, do you feel it would be
    > best if i applied for a marriage visa first and waited to get denied or just tell
    > them up front about the overstay, the whole problem is time and the INS does not
    > care. If two people are apart for a long period they just grow apart and that is
    > why I want to see this resolved quickly,
If
    > it takes a few months thats ok but if it turns into years then we will
just
    > end up growing apart. And in they end I will be losing the one women I truley love,
    > that is why I am considering every option,

Mrtravel

Default Re: overstay,

Agentb wrote:
    >
    > thanks mttravel. I do not know if she turned in her i-94, do you feel it would
    > be best if i applied for a marriage visa first and waited to get denied or just
    > tell them up front about the overstay, the whole problem is time and the INS
    > does not care.

In all honesty, they do care. Immigration law was violated when she decided to
overstay her visa by a year. I don't know if you can get the waiver before you
are denied. I would just answer the questions on the paperwork honestly and take
it as it comes.

> If two people are apart for a long period they just grow apart and that is why I
    > want to see this resolved quickly, If it takes a few months thats ok but if it
    > turns into years then we will just end up growing apart. And in they end I will be
    > losing the one women I truley love, that is why I am considering every option,

That's your option. To me, I would find a way to stay with my "true love", whether it
be in the US or elsewhere. I am not saying that I want to live in T&T, although I
enjoyed my visit there, just that you should consider it as a possibility. Or, maybe
you could emmigrate to Canada, or to Europe. At the far extreme, I would consider
illegal entry. At the LAST thing I would do is give up.

A fiance, in general, can take up to a year (or more) to process the I-129F petition,
and schedule the interview. A waiver can take multiple years. If the waiver is
denied, then that would be 10 years.