Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Our route -the I 130 petition for a CR1 immigrant visa

Our route -the I 130 petition for a CR1 immigrant visa

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our route -the I 130 petition for a CR1 immigrant visa

Originally Posted by savannah_boy
Hi everyone my USC wife now has the I-797C notice of action.

Can someone outline briefly what are the next steps or at least correct my guesses below:
      • A few months later (hopefully not many) I will be called for interview at US Embassy in London by email/post/phone/SMS? (which one please specify) ?

thanks again, this info will at least put our minds at rest as to what could potentially be ahead.

cheers!
      http://britishexpats.com/wiki/CR-1

After I-130 approval, your USC will be notified by another I-797 (aka NOA2).
      The file is sent to the NVC for the start of the visa application. All interview documents are submitted to them. When everything is complete, they schedule the interview and notify you.

You two can sign up for email notifications from USCIS but they are not 100% reliable.

What Happens to an Approved Petition?
      Visa Processing at the National Visa Center
      (look for links to the next steps on the right side of the page)

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants
      Old Aug 24th 2009, 10:45 am
      Forum Regular

savannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond repute

I have read the links provided and have a question about the DS 3032 and "agent"
      I don't fully understand the information so need some clarification.

Is the agent assigned to help the applicant (my USC wife) or me the beneficiary with document collection etc...? ie would they be assisting with docs sent to the USA or the UK?
      Obviously our choice of agent (potentially a parent) would depend on this. I am currently residing at my parents address so would their choice as agent be of any help?

thanks to everyone for their input

Last edited by savannah_boy; Aug 24th 2009 at 10:56 am.
      Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:59 pm
      Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have read the links provided and have a question about the DS 3032 and "agent"
      If you've read the DS3032 form, it's pretty clear. The "agent" receives your mail... and nothing else. Don't try to read into the form something that isn't there.

Ian
      Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

s_b,

Depends on what kind of deal you strike with the agent - this is between you and them.

Regards, JEff

Is the agent assigned to help the applicant (my USC wife) or me the beneficiary with document collection etc...? ie would they be assisting with docs sent to the USA or the UK?
      Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:02 am
      Forum Regular

savannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond repute
      Default CR1 immigrant visa

Hi everyone, we received notice of action- approval notice Form I 797 on 8th September 2009.

When the letter comes from the NVC how much notice does it usually give for the Visa interview date? (for the CR1 Visa interview at the US Embassy in London). I am asking about the time given from the arrival of the letter until the date the interview is scheduled.

mank thanks in advance, all responses -including sarcasm most welcome

Last edited by savannah_boy; Dec 5th 2009 at 2:08 am.
      Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
      Default Re: CR1 immigrant visa

Hi everyone, we received notice of action- approval notice Form I 797 on 8th September 2009.

When the letter comes from the NVC how much notice does it usually give for the Visa interview date? (for the CR1 Visa interview at the US Embassy in London). I am asking about the time given from the arrival of the letter until the date the interview is scheduled.

mank thanks in advance, all responses -including sarcasm most welcome
      They typically give you about a month's notice.

Rene
      Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:37 am
      BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

SB,

My CR1. Case complete at NVC, 21 November 2009. Notification of interview e mail arrived 9.20pm on 30 November 2009, interview scheduled at Embassy on 21 January 2010.

Hope this helps.

Tracey.
      Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:35 pm
      Forum Regular

thank you Tracey & Rene, this gives us an idea
      Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
      Forum Regular

Smile DS-0230 confusion :(

Hi everyone I am collecting documents together for my DS-0230
      and have read the checklist of documents on http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3195.html p4
      that I submit with the form yes??

Required Documents
      Original documents, photocopies, and translations of the following documents must be submitted to the National Visa Center for the applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States.

* Birth Certificate
      * Court and Prison Records
      * Deportation Documentation
      * Marriage Certificate
      * Marriage Termination Documentation
      * Military Records
      * Petitioner Documents
      * Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
      * Police Certificate(s)
      * Custody Documentation

HOWEVER ... Further on http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3741.html I have read that at the interview stage I am required to bring

* Appointment Letter
      * Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States
      * Police Certificate(s)
      * Birth Certificate(s)
      * Court and prison records, if applicable
      * Military records, if applicable
      * Color photographs
      * Marriage Certificate, if applicable
      * Evidence of financial support (e.g. Affidavit of Support, a notarized offer of employment, or evidence of assets)
      * Divorce decree or death certificate of spouse, if applicable
      * Family-based cases: All original documents used to establish the relationship between the petitioner and the applicant
      * Employment-based cases: A recent letter from the prospective employer confirming the essential elements of the job offer

So onto my questions

1 How can I bring originals of some of these items to interview if I have already posted them to the NVC? Are they returned to me via post?

2. I have lived in Spain and the UK and am awaiting my Spanish police records check (certificado de antecedentes penales) to come back. Spanish administration is a nightmare & unreliable. So which method is quickest/best/most practical?

(i)Chase spanish police records check and not submit my DS-0230 until I have it.

(ii)Submit DS-0230 and wait for NVC to contact me asking for the spanish police records check, assuming that the NVC have started processing my form.

All answers including sarcasm are welcomed because I am sure the answer is there already. I have read the threads but I am suffering from brain ache

cheers!!!!

Last edited by savannah_boy; Dec 17th 2009 at 9:34 pm. Reason: smiley face required
      Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
      Default Re: DS-0230 confusion :(

1 How can I bring originals of some of these items to interview if I have already posted them to the NVC? Are they returned to me via post?
      You can't. The ConOff will have the originals in hand when you go for the interview. He'll either give them back to you there, or they will be sent back to you in a separate package along with your passport/visa. Bring copies of those originals to the interview.

(i)Chase spanish police records check and not submit my DS-0230 until I have it.
      I would do this one. If NVC requires the police reports, they mean ALL the police reports. Why drag it out even further by waiting for NVC to let you know, then responding to that, then taking more time for them to get started processing again...just wait until you have everything you need to submit, and do it just once.

Rene
      Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
      Default Re: DS-0230 confusion :(

So onto my questions

2. I have lived in Spain and the UK and am awaiting my Spanish police records check (certificado de antecedentes penales) to come back. Spanish administration is a nightmare & unreliable. So which method is quickest/best/most practical?

(ii)Submit DS-0230 and wait for NVC to contact me asking for the spanish police records check, assuming that the NVC have started processing my form.

All answers including sarcasm are welcomed because I am sure the answer is there already. I have read the threads but I am suffering from brain ache

cheers!!!!
      http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=31