options for marrying a usc?

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: options for marrying a usc?

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
To Ian, hypertweeky, ladygwennie, meauxna, jenniferB and Rete..........you sound like a know-it-all bunch of w a n k e r s. Who cares what intentions this woman has..........it her choice and her neck if she gets caught but don't give me your moralistic b u l l s h i t. You don't know who that person is and you have no right to judge her. Lastly It is completely irrelevant whether she spills her guts regarding her intentions on the internet..........do you really think that the USCIS has the resources to investigate everyone who gives forward notice of their intentions to break the law.

I think it you guys who are completely naive especially those that haven't even completed their immigration journey.
So you suggest that giving advice that could be construed as being illegal to a poster is a good idea then ..
Lets be quite frank we may not agree with certain thing that the system gives us ..and I'm sure that some people would agree with your stand ..
but its just not sensible to advice people to follow a dubious route in public ..
in private is another thing ..
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... you sound like a know-it-all bunch of w a n k e r s.
It's okay... with a little time, you'll be one of us. No need for envy!

Who cares what intentions this woman has...
Simply, it's these very intentions that make it more difficult for everyone else down the road... those who are doing things legally. Whenever people "get away with it", USCIS implements new rules and regulations. Well, perhaps you don't care about others. <shrug>

You don't know who that person is and you have no right to judge her.
I have every right to judge. People judge all the time... they just don't come out and call a spade a spade. Well... I call it a f***ing shovel. People who are afraid to judge or claim no one should judge another, are afraid of having an opinion and holding it. It's called character. It's called integrity. It's called honesty. Fortunately, I have the moral capacity to have and hold an opinion, and I'm certainly not afraid of sharing it. You may not like or agree with anything I have to say, but you'll always know where I stand on an issue.

... do you really think that the USCIS has the resources to investigate everyone who gives forward notice of their intentions to break the law.
Everyone? No... but it only takes one to make an example.

I think it you guys who are completely naive especially those that haven't even completed their immigration journey.
Well, I guess that lets me off the hook... I completed the journey almost 1.5 years ago. Are the rest of you guys naive? Y'don't look naive!

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
but its just not sensible to advice people to follow a dubious route in public ..
in private is another thing ..

Which is probably what he did since he PM'd her regarding this. Since this forum is frequented by attorneys and on occasion the CIS, I would not want to be the one to have my post in the archive telling her to do what she intends and that all will be well. I have my own thoughts about marriage under the VWP and have long since stopped airing my opinion for just that reason.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I have my own thoughts about marriage under the VWP and have long since stopped airing my opinion for just that reason.
No worries... that's why I'm here! I knew I had a purpose in life!

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:37 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
Leeds, before you quote my nickname in a rant would you please check what i have actually said? I told the op to look into legal advice and wished him/her the best of luck. The only thing i said at all was that no one can make sweeping judgements on how people love each other, due to how they manage to be together, be it through visas, visa waivers or the rare lucky ones who are of the same nationality. People obviously have strong feelings running on this subject, but at the end of the day, what one person wants to do doesnt concern me, it's their own business and i am not going to tell them what i think is right or wrong. I wish the op and everyone best wishes in whatever way they go about being with their loved one, as long as they manage to get there.
ok Lady, I think the lesson I have learned from this debate, is to keep my opinions to myself in future. When I frequent these websites, I sometimes forget l am no longer an immigrant
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:47 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

ok Lady, I think the lesson I have learned from this debate, is to keep my opinions to myself in future. When I frequent these websites, I sometimes forget l am no longer an immigrant
I dont agree or disagree with u leeds, i just find that feelings run so high on this subject that it can often turn into a war of words and insults instead of the original just wanting to help or let the op know what others do. We don't all have to have the same opinion or feelings on the subject, i respect everyone's here. I may not agree with them but they have the right to think what they want and feel what they want and be able to express that, god bless america and the western world for that.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

JenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant future

sigh.. I'm an American trying to get my British husband legally into the U.S. There's NO way I want to see that get ruined by people who want to take short-cuts and do things illegally -- and ruin the system for all.

I took it upon myself to not only learn the U.S. Visa system but the U.K. Visa one as well. I would hate to see Visa laws get "tougher" because they're already hard as it is. My biggest concern with my BIL is that it would reflect on our application to the U.S. but thankfully it doesn't.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rete
Romano and Juliet felt the same way. Dead by their own hands for the sake of love.

Grownups realize that life will not end because gratification is delayed. Adults understand thatlove does not demand but is an emotion that can withstand physical separation and still continue to exist and grow. Adults also understand that obsession is a form of mental illness.
Wow, it was a hard decision to pick out my favorite respponse on this thread but I think this one from Rete says so much about what "love" is--yes, love is patient and love seeks the best for the other. There is another four letter word which begins with an "L" and that emotion often counterfeits love. That emotion is self-centered, thinking of self, IMPATIENT and looking for immediate self-gratification. JenniferB, it may even end up with a single pregnant woman waiting for an illegal to marry her--oops, he still has a wife back home! I guess in my "moralistic" way of looking at things (and I make no apologies for that--I agree with Ian's comments about being judgmental) a person who truly loves another will do what is needed to become legally able to marry that person before creating an innocent life which will be caught up in the whole mess. (BTW, Jennifer, best wishes in your own quest for a visa for your love and bless you for doing it the "right" way.)

I am sure I will receive some choice comments regarding this post--go right ahead. Momma always told me to consider the source.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:04 pm
Banned

Lupa is an unknown quantity at this point

When I first started this topic, I knew it would get heated. I sat for quite a while debating and deleted it over and over before I bit the bullet and posted it. I am grateful for each valid response. With respect to "blabbing" I don't plan to. I use an identity here which cannot be traced and I do not intend to release all details for the world to see when I speak to the attorney tomorrow. In that respect, nobody here has any place where they can judge me. Each individual person who has taken the journey I'm about to take with my partner has a different story to tell, and I am an educated female with a degree which is a higher education standard than most Usc's possess, therefore I have potential to offer to the economy in my area of expertise.

On a finishing note for now, don't think for a pico second that I am taking this lightly because I'm not and neither is my partner. The risk involved does alarm me, but I know that it is not impossible to do and that right now is a main driving force behind our decision.

Please do not jump on LeedsPaddy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and because of me opening up this post where he stated an opinion of his own, should not result in him being flamed.

Regards, Lupa
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lupa,

Just wanted to wish you all the best, come back and let us know how it's going with you guys.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lupa
When I first started this topic, I knew it would get heated. I sat for quite a while debating and deleted it over and over before I bit the bullet and posted it. I am grateful for each valid response. With respect to "blabbing" I don't plan to. I use an identity here which cannot be traced and I do not intend to release all details for the world to see when I speak to the attorney tomorrow. In that respect, nobody here has any place where they can judge me. Each individual person who has taken the journey I'm about to take with my partner has a different story to tell, and I am an educated female with a degree which is a higher education standard than most Usc's possess, therefore I have potential to offer to the economy in my area of expertise.
I wouldn't be so sure about being secure, IP numbers are easy enough to trace, even through a proxy if someone wants to...will anyone bother, probably slim chances, but the potential is there.

Oh, and a degree, probably won't bring any real kudos over here unless it's from a US uni, or from OxBridge....but anyway, good luck with it all
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

I use an identity here which cannot be traced...
I've worked with computers and network technologies since 1983... and I can assure you, it can be traced! Would anyone bother? Perhaps... but not me. Welcome to the wonderful world of social engineering.

I am an educated female with a degree which is a higher education standard than most Usc's possess ... I know that it is not impossible to do and that right now is a main driving force behind our decision
Good for you, but don't confuse intelligence with wisdom. You may excel in the former but the latter seems to be wanting! At any rate, good luck to you.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

To Ian, hypertweeky, ladygwennie, meauxna, jenniferB and Rete..........you sound like a know-it-all bunch of w a n k e r s. Who cares what intentions this woman has..........it her choice and her neck if she gets caught but don't give me your moralistic b u l l s h i t. You don't know who that person is and you have no right to judge her. Lastly It is completely irrelevant whether she spills her guts regarding her intentions on the internet..........do you really think that the USCIS has the resources to investigate everyone who gives forward notice of their intentions to break the law.

More insults <sigh>.
you're the one not 'getting' this other point of view. Morals have nothing to do with it, for me. OK, it irks a bit when someone blatently breaks a rule I have to follow anywhere in life, but that's not the root of my position on pre-planned VWP + AOS.
I don't care who that person is, and I don't care about judging her or not. I don't care if she spills her guts online, or goes to a USCIS office and announces her plan in person.
*I* am not going to be the one to tell her publically, or privately, how to break the law. It's not like there are not a million other ways to find the info; this OP simply was not creative enough to find them.

Now, you don't seem to above giveing this kind of advice to people in public or in private. Your earliest posts to this group show so: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=10
(speaking of naive, you seem unable to make the distinctiion between 'meeting some one while in the US and deciding to marry + stay' and 'preplanning the same event')

Then again, you seem to have your own morals and discriminate against behavior you dont' like: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=22

Eww. The rest of your posts are too boring or foul to review.
And I wrote this hours ago and didnt pull the trigger, but there's nothing new in this thread to make me change what I had to say.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:11 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

On a finishing note for now, don't think for a pico second that I am taking this lightly because I'm not and neither is my partner. The risk involved does alarm me, but I know that it is not impossible to do and that right now is a main driving force behind our decision.

Please do not jump on LeedsPaddy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and because of me opening up this post where he stated an opinion of his own, should not result in him being flamed.

Regards, Lupa

Good Luck Lupa, i hope that whatever way u take it works out for the best. I hope the attorney gives u some sound advice so you know what u have to do. Best wishes!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

..... and I am an educated female with a degree which is a higher education standard than most Usc's possess, therefore I have potential to offer to the economy in my area of expertise.
Regards, Lupa
Off topic, but....just curious what education level most USC's posses. Her statement made me curious as to what her degree is that is higher than most USCs possess. I might be in that category as well. lol

And, also, USCIS doesn't care what the USC's potential is to offer to the economy. This statement has nothing to do with immigration.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.