options for marrying a usc?

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:59 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: options for marrying a usc?

Originally Posted by andrea874
Ian... you are wonderful.
I second that
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I second that
Thanks to both of you! I just call 'em as I see 'em!

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:29 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely said Ian.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:32 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Too bad I can't give you karma, you deserve a big chunk!!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:38 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
I third it.
I had to cancel 3 attempts at replies to this thread because they were really, really not nice.

The crux of my thought was:
Who cares who is doing it and how many of them do? It is not our place in a public message board to tell these people what to do, or what we would do or not--the point is, it's been drilled into this particular group that entering on the VWP with the intent to immigrate is not kosher and does involve an illegal act. How can we state otherwise?

Insulting those of us who point those facts out is the height of arrogance, and particularly insulting when used as a measure of our love and/or commitment to our spouses.

Naive? Hardly. I know what the consequences CAN be and I choose to not direct someone over the cliff with the other lemmings because they can't be bothered to do things 'right'. Dollars to donuts this is the same person who will be here crying in her beer because they're broke, the trailer payment is due and she can't work yet. Or yet another divorce post. At least I sleep at night knowing that I helped my husband immigrate legally, and without a day of separation. That's right, I love him enough to do it 'right' and keep him safe in the US where I want him.

I've lost just about all sympathy for the vast bands of idiots roaming the internet (you probably don't know who you are).
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Too bad I can't give you karma, you deserve a big chunk!!
Thanks Tweeky! Even though I'm not hurting for karma, I appreciate the thought!

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
I third it.
I had to cancel 3 attempts at replies to this thread because they were really, really not nice.

The crux of my thought was:
Who cares who is doing it and how many of them do? It is not our place in a public message board to tell these people what to do, or what we would do or not--the point is, it's been drilled into this particular group that entering on the VWP with the intent to immigrate is not kosher and does involve an illegal act. How can we state otherwise?

Insulting those of us who point those facts out is the height of arrogance, and particularly insulting when used as a measure of our love and/or commitment to our spouses.

Naive? Hardly. I know what the consequences CAN be and I choose to not direct someone over the cliff with the other lemmings because they can't be bothered to do things 'right'. Dollars to donuts this is the same person who will be here crying in her beer because they're broke, the trailer payment is due and she can't work yet. Or yet another divorce post. At least I sleep at night knowing that I helped my husband immigrate legally, and without a day of separation. That's right, I love him enough to do it 'right' and keep him safe in the US where I want him.

I've lost just about all sympathy for the vast bands of idiots roaming the internet (you probably don't know who you are).
you are simply awesome

Ps: Why can't I give karma to those who REALLY deserve it?? arg!!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:50 am

Thanks Tweeky! Even though I'm not hurting for karma, I appreciate the thought!

Ian
You are welcome Ian!
I have just realiced I have max'ed out my karma levels!!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Okay... now you're starting to sound like me! After so many years, I'm sure there's been some contamination.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay... now you're starting to sound like me! After so many years, I'm sure there's been some contamination.

Ian
Ian by Osmosis.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:32 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

the trailer payment is due
Post Of The Day.......

Thanks for the laugh, Mo....I just spit perfectly good wine across my monitor!

~SecretGarden
(Ian, you're pretty amusing as well....)
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:43 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladygwennie
I would suggest that the OP finds a good lawyer, the money is worth it and if the lawyer is worth the money, follow his/her's advice. That way you can know all the legal ins and outs of the process and situation and the possible risks you might well be taking.
I’d also add that after getting advice from the attorney, don’t then blab to the entire world on the net what the attorney told you (and what "you" decided to do based on the opinion- the client ultimately makes the call). I just read a report on VJ today where someone got advice from their attorney, formulated their strategy, blabbed it on the net, and then had some in the VJ community telling her she should be angry at her attorney and fire him/or her (and I’m not making any comments on the initial legal advice given which may or may not have been accurately retold on VJ).

But if I posted on VJ, I would have probably posted to that person that now that she’s confessed her potentially fraudulent intentions on the net for the entire freaking world to read, I might consider whether I should now change my plans.

There were two problems; an attorney might have given advice involving some risk so the client could evaluate that risk for herself (and possible ethical problems depending on the approach the attorney took in dealing with the potential client) and a poster spilling the beans on herself “IN PUBLIC” just for the sake of asking non-attorneys to confirm the attorneys advice (due in part from her reading over and over again in news groups, advice given from non-attorneys about this issue that is flat out wrong, or at least suspect [and I see that same inaccurate advice dispensed in this particular group - BE and other similar groups - over and over and over and over and over again by those who take it upon themselves to render legal advice based on the bull “they” swallowed in their own case and fed to them by other non-attorneys who felt the same compulsion to play attorney]).

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 23rd 2005 at 5:53 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:40 am
Just Joined

JenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant futureJenniferB has a brilliant future

Dollars to donuts this is the same person who will be here crying in her beer because they're broke, the trailer payment is due and she can't work yet.
Great comment!

That's my BIL now, he's illegal & both him and his "lover" are broke. He just got her pregnant too! Totally irresponsible and I'm sick of hearing how much in love they are. I bet he marries her despite still being married in the UK.
Stupid stupid stupid! Can't wait to sort it out the right way, which is a shame.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lupa
Hi everyone,

thanks for the replies. I know its not the smart way of doing it like I stated before, but I can't wait for all that processing to happen. Someone mocked all the "whiney lovers". Unless you experience true love, it is hell to be apart from your partner. He is a part of me and I can't go on and he can't go on being so unhappy for many more months. Many people just don't realise that happiness accounts for so much when it comes to living. At the moment without him, I'm not living...I'm simply existing and thats actually becoming physically unhealthy for me to do.

Thank you Paddy for your pm. I really appreciated you taking time to do it.

Lupa

Romano and Juliet felt the same way. Dead by their own hands for the sake of love.

Grownups realize that life will not end because gratification is delayed. Adults understand thatlove does not demand but is an emotion that can withstand physical separation and still continue to exist and grow. Adults also understand that obsession is a form of mental illness.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 23rd 2005 at 12:37 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:31 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

Ian
To Ian, hypertweeky, ladygwennie, meauxna, jenniferB and Rete..........you sound like a know-it-all bunch of w a n k e r s. Who cares what intentions this woman has..........it her choice and her neck if she gets caught but don't give me your moralistic b u l l s h i t. You don't know who that person is and you have no right to judge her. Lastly It is completely irrelevant whether she spills her guts regarding her intentions on the internet..........do you really think that the USCIS has the resources to investigate everyone who gives forward notice of their intentions to break the law.

I think it you guys who are completely naive especially those that haven't even completed their immigration journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.