options for marrying a usc?

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

ArrogantU2Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: options for marrying a usc?

Originally Posted by leedsPaddy
You people are so bloody naive..............Yes you are not suppose to immigrate on a Visa waiver but I bet your bottom dollar that the vast majority of aliens who marry USC do so on a visa waiver or B2 tourist visa or a student visa rather than a fiancee visa. I should know because I did it that way.

Amen brother....the operative word is intent I am calling my atty friend on monday Susan
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You people are so bloody naive..............Yes you are not suppose to immigrate on a Visa waiver but I bet your bottom dollar that the vast majority of aliens who marry USC do so on a visa waiver or B2 tourist visa or a student visa rather than a fiancee visa. I should know because I did it that way.
We all know it happens, but if the intent is there, it is still visa fraud, and yes most people probably get away with it, but for those who don't, you generally don't hear there story do you.

And if you didn't have intent when using a non-immigrant visa, there isn't a problem, and someone that's over here for a long length of time, it is more believable than for someone to come over for a weeks holiday and then suddenly get married...not to say that it doesn't happen, but it does look more suspicious and the onus would be on you to prove that it was on the spare of the moment.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:45 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
We all know it happens, but if the intent is there, it is still visa fraud, and yes most people probably get away with it, but for those who don't, you generally don't hear there story do you.

And if you didn't have intent when using a non-immigrant visa, there isn't a problem, and someone that's over here for a long length of time, it is more believable than for someone to come over for a weeks holiday and then suddenly get married...not to say that it doesn't happen, but it does look more suspicious and the onus would be on you to prove that it was on the spare of the moment.
Well I had no intent of immigrating to the US because I had just started the procedures for my girlfriend to immigrate to the UK. It was only because I got her pregnant with my twins that we decided to swap roles.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

ArrogantU2Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I had no intent of immigrating to the US because I had just started the procedures for my girlfriend to immigrate to the UK. It was only because I got her pregnant with my twins that we decided to swap roles.
EXACTLY....I know sooooo many people that have done it!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay well, I know plenty of people who commit other crimes - doesnt make me want to take on that role of doing illegal stuff and constantly having to look over my shoulder wondering if I'll get caught.

Bottom line: using a non-immigrant visa with the intent to immigrate = visa fraud.

I'm pretty sure no one cares here if you do it or not. The point is that its illegal and people are trying to help you avoid possible problems. Grow up and read what people are actually saying rather than trying to pick a fight.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:10 am
Banned

Lupa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

thanks for the replies. I know its not the smart way of doing it like I stated before, but I can't wait for all that processing to happen. Someone mocked all the "whiney lovers". Unless you experience true love, it is hell to be apart from your partner. He is a part of me and I can't go on and he can't go on being so unhappy for many more months. Many people just don't realise that happiness accounts for so much when it comes to living. At the moment without him, I'm not living...I'm simply existing and thats actually becoming physically unhealthy for me to do.

Thank you Paddy for your pm. I really appreciated you taking time to do it.

Lupa
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

...considering this is a marriage based forum, I'm pretty sure every single person on here knows how it is to be in love
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:32 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lupa
Hello everybody, I've just joined your forum and have been reading through some of the replies. I'm british and my boyfriend is an american citizen who I met while visiting friends in Texas some time ago. We are totally committed to each other and he has asked me to marry him, and of course I have said yes

I have been going to the U.S back and forth using the waiverless visa scheme, and now am planning to go again with full intentions of getting married in a civil ceremony before my 90 day limit is out. I know its not the smart thing to do and that it isn't recommended but basically we can't live without each other and don't want to have to wait for the processing of a K1 visa . It gets harder each day to be apart. He has a very good job and I have savings so finances aren't a problem.

Has anyone ever adjusted from the visa waiver to getting married? What is the procedure following marriage with regards to filing for a green card and permanent residency status? Lastly do I have any other options ?

Thanks very much,
Lupa
6-7 months to obtain a K1 visa VS being banned from the US for the rest of your life, oh yeah that's worth it..
Good Luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

thanks for the replies. I know its not the smart way of doing it like I stated before, but I can't wait for all that processing to happen. Someone mocked all the "whiney lovers". Unless you experience true love, it is hell to be apart from your partner. He is a part of me and I can't go on and he can't go on being so unhappy for many more months. Many people just don't realise that happiness accounts for so much when it comes to living. At the moment without him, I'm not living...I'm simply existing and thats actually becoming physically unhealthy for me to do.

Thank you Paddy for your pm. I really appreciated you taking time to do it.

Lupa
Hi Lupa,

My fiance and I waited, separated for 14 months until he got his K-1 visa in order to enter the USA, marry me, and remain here. It bothered us, for sure, but we survived. He continued his life in his country, I continued my life in my country, and we talked A LOT on the phone. In fact, it made us a stronger couple to have gone through that period together in spirit...and we got to see how the other person deals with some pressure. We didn't fall out of love, we didn't get physically or mentally ill from separation, and we've been a very happily married couple now for 1.5 years, here in the USA. I think you're underestimating yourselves by saying you can't live apart for another 6 months. Stress is just as bad as you make it. If you relax a bit, I'm pretty sure a 6-month separation won't be the end of the world.

I know it's very very hard, but just think of it this way...you're doing yourselves and your future a favor by doing this the right way. It would be worth it to me to wait 6 months, knowing after that it's clear sailing...rather than have to watch my back for the next several years. But, that's just me.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi leeds,

There you go, you said it yourself. You had no intent of immigrating to the USA, so you were fine the way it worked out. The OP has intent to immigrate, before she even leaves her home country. There's a difference there.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by ArrogantU2Fan
Okay I am confused!!! I am extremely familiar with US Immigration laws as I am a American...I was married to a Iranian who had been here illegally 8 years...he has since passed away...I also study Immigration Laws...what are the reasons you all have to have been separated?? Even Ali having been here illegally did not have to return to Iran, since he entered the US illegally we did have to go back to port of entry because he could not adjust status even though we were married and have him enter legally it was not a big deal. I do not understand why some of you are having to go back for 6 months?? You can file a I485, change of status, along with your I130....and get temporary authorization to stay in United States, as you have a petition pending, until your green card is complete. You must file that I485 before your expiration date on I94 this holds true even under the Waiverless Visa Program...explain to me what is happening to you guys...Susan
Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you lost your husband. I also lost my first husband, who was also Iranian.

The difference is that you married Ali once he was already here, and had already been here 8 years. The OP, Lupa, has the intent to immigrate even before leaving her home country, and that's misuse of the VWP. If she has the intent to immigrate, she should have the proper visa to do so.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:12 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest that the OP finds a good lawyer, the money is worth it and if the lawyer is worth the money, follow his/her's advice. That way you can know all the legal ins and outs of the process and situation and the possible risks you might well be taking. Otherwise wish you the best of luck whatever you do.

ps i think from what i've read on this forum, whatever route people have taken to be with their loved one, they do love them and it has meant a lot to get to them.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:14 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
...considering this is a marriage based forum, I'm pretty sure every single person on here knows how it is to be in love

Amen sister AND considering that one of the partners moved countries leaving friends, family and an established life behind to move over to be with their loved one-yeah, I'd say we all know what it's about......
Bottom line, as the law currently reads, two choices- legal or illegal. The process is complicated enough without adding to it.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for all that processing to happen.
What else do you have to do that's so important?

Someone mocked all the "whiney lovers".
Yup, that was me.

Unless you experience true love, it is hell to be apart from your partner.
Oh please, do you think anyone posting in this forum hasn't been where you are? Don't be so naive.

He is a part of me and I can't go on and he can't go on being so unhappy for many more months.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a matter of life and death for either of you... and if it *is*, then you have far more serious problems than immigration!

I'm not living... I'm simply existing and thats actually becoming physically unhealthy for me to do.
Obsession is not healthy. Working towards a solution is good medicine. Working towards an illegal solution is not good medicine. It's an easy concept.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What else do you have to do that's so important?

Yup, that was me.

Oh please, do you think anyone posting in this forum hasn't been where you are? Don't be so naive.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a matter of life and death for either of you... and if it *is*, then you have far more serious problems than immigration!

Obsession is not healthy. Working towards a solution is good medicine. Working towards an illegal solution is not good medicine. It's an easy concept.

Ian

Ian... you are wonderful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.