Online status updater people

Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online status updater people

These people are seriously on crack. All my applications have again been touched today, yet they all just say theyre processing. None of them say anythings been mailed to me, yet I have an EAD card and an AOS appointment letter. Whats the point of the online thingy if its never accurate?!

Okay, I'm done now
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online status updater people

Originally Posted by andrea874
These people are seriously on crack. All my applications have again been touched today, yet they all just say theyre processing. None of them say anythings been mailed to me, yet I have an EAD card and an AOS appointment letter. Whats the point of the online thingy if its never accurate?!

Okay, I'm done now
About as much point as having an 800 misinformation line that no one can rely on!!

Hang in there!
Rene
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Online status updater people

Okay, I'm done now
Uh oh..maybe that means they realize their error in giving you an appt. too soon...hmmm..or maybe NBC is sending your AOS forms back to NYC? Who the hell knows!?!?!? They are nuts over there! Hmmm..maybe Ray's spirit guide could tell you!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
About as much point as having an 800 misinformation line that no one can rely on!!

Hang in there!
Rene

And no offense to anyone here, but your statement is the reason why I am amused by those that continually check their status online. I understand the need to know but the only thing you guys know is that USCIS has failed in keeping you informed in a timely and accurate manner.

Rete
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
And no offense to anyone here, but your statement is the reason why I am amused by those that continually check their status online. I understand the need to know but the only thing you guys know is that USCIS has failed in keeping you informed in a timely and accurate manner.

Rete
Yep, and I'm also learning just how pointless the processing time reports are too. They're pointless and you'll just drive yourself crazy if you pay attention to them!

~Kirsten
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buffalo24
Yep, and I'm also learning just how pointless the processing time reports are too. They're pointless and you'll just drive yourself crazy if you pay attention to them!

~Kirsten
Agreed. I've learned to look at all that stuff as entertainment value only, and not to question it. I guess if it ever gets too far out of hand, I'd use it as a guideline to make inquiries, but that's about it.

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Rete

Hey, curiosity never hurt anyone!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, curiosity never hurt anyone!

Not true, curiosity killed the cat. And in the case of the USCIS, curiosity has I'm sure resulted in many arguments between couples when talking about the timelines, quotes of timelines, status reports, etc.

Just as in years past when you called a special number for the status of your K-1 and people would call once an hour or more every day until approval, people will look online for the same approval notification. And each time they get a denial, there is a certain amount of hurt.

Rete
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Not true, curiosity killed the cat. And in the case of the USCIS, curiosity has I'm sure resulted in many arguments between couples when talking about the timelines, quotes of timelines, status reports, etc.

Just as in years past when you called a special number for the status of your K-1 and people would call once an hour or more every day until approval, people will look online for the same approval notification. And each time they get a denial, there is a certain amount of hurt.

Rete

Good point, you win
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

For the online status in my case it has been highly accurate. True it hasn't made anything more rapid in the end, it was nice to get the phone ring that delivered the message that something had occured with my case.

T

Rete
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Talking Re: Online status updater people

yep, i have to say, better leave that processing dates alone. it only drives you crazy like it has driven me crazy. to make it worse, if you ask the 1-800 number you cant be sure they are right either!

i once tried to find out about my pending AOS -my receipt date is waaaayyy in Sept 2004 and in their web they said they are processing somewhere in March 2005. frustating, isnt it? i shouldve gotten something on the mail. so i called the 1-800 number, waited for 25 minutes, got the answer. they would send charlotte office notification and i shoudve gotten something in the mail in 30 days. nothing till today. my mailbox is clean.
then few weeks ago i called the 1-800 number again. waited 30 minutes or more in the line. this time different answer, the officer said nothing he could do.

then i tried to find out by calling the congressman people. they are willing to find out, but they said it takes 18 months now for charlotte. another different answer. only God knows whats really happening with my file.

they are really able to drive anybody crazy. so now i just dont wanna deal with them for awhile. i am going to wait, as patient as i can be, and enjoy the summer. i just hope trying to be patient itself wont drive me crazy.

have a good day!
anggraeni
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

Rete
Rete is right--when we were at the fiance visa stage, the online status was never updated at all to reflect our approval-ever.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:49 pm
USCIS Victim

YtsejaM is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I'm done now
Here's an exact quote from the case status page off the USCIS website...

"Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message."

Consider yourself fortunate that your case is being touched.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:48 am
J Moreno

In article <[email protected]> ,
Rete <member167@british_expats.com> wrote:

> > Hey, curiosity never hurt anyone! :)
    >
    > Not true, curiosity killed the cat.

Everybody forgets the next part of that...and satisfaction brought it
back.

--
J. Moreno