Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Online based work - possible to move?

Online based work - possible to move?

Old Apr 22nd 2011, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

CalgaryStampeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online based work - possible to move?

Just an interesting thought I had, there's an increasing amount of people who work from home for online based companies, basically creating content to earn money through things such as Youtube partnership, Machinima etc. If someone doing this wanted to move would it be possible, I would guess this would be classed as self employed as your generating your own revenue?
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online based work - possible to move?

Originally Posted by CalgaryStampeder
Just an interesting thought I had, there's an increasing amount of people who work from home for online based companies, basically creating content to earn money through things such as Youtube partnership, Machinima etc. If someone doing this wanted to move would it be possible, I would guess this would be classed as self employed as your generating your own revenue?
It doesn't matter if you drive yourself to the office every day or sit at home on the computer, if you are working in the US then you need the appropriate visa.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisa67
It doesn't matter if you drive yourself to the office every day or sit at home on the computer, if you are working in the US then you need the appropriate visa.
I am not sure what going on holiday to Colorado has to do with this.

The logic of employers getting into the Insurance business has always escaped me. I guess it is similar to the practice of providing company cars in the UK, much more logical to pay the wage and let people spend it on what they want.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not sure what going on holiday to Colorado has to do with this.
Nor am I, but why would that be relevant to this thread ...