One way or Roundtrip Text laws???

Old Jul 6th 2001, 1:25 am
Othmane

Hi all, I've got my k-1 Visa in Morocco, and when i went to the travel agencies here
to buy my ticket they were all unsure about what kind of ticket they should give me,
finally they said that the only ticket i should buy is the Roundtrip ticket since
it's not an immigration Visa, which costs more than $1.100, too high comparately to
the One Way ticket which costs $700, I went then to Royal Air Maroc and they've given
me a One Way ticket but they were still unsure that they may turn me down at the
airoport! So please, as i've readed here that the One Way ticket is Ok, can anyone
tell me about an online Site which contains american text laws that talk about this
so i can print it out and take in with me to the airoport in case they refuse it? I'm
so worried, and thanks in advance for ur help.

Old Jul 6th 2001, 1:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing in the INS text that I know of that says you have to have a roundtrip ticket. The K-1 visa is for the express purpose of marrying a USC. The intent is to migrate even though the K-1 is a non-immigration visa. You will not be turned away at the POE for not having a return ticket. In fact, they won't even ask you about it.

Rita
Old Jul 6th 2001, 11:55 am
Andy Platt

An F-1 (student visa) is non-immigrant but you wouldn't be expected to have a one-way
ticket. An H-1 (temporary worker) is a non-immigrant but I entered fair and square on
my one-way ticket. Of course K-1ers don't need a return ticket (although for certain
parts of the world it has actually been cheaper to get one!).

The law is written the other way around though. Specifically it talks about the visa
waiver (and presumably B1/B2 but I've never actually had the need to look this up)
and says you need a return or onward ticket to enter using that particuarly
classification.

The airlines should know what they can allow.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >