Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

OMG i got an interview date (san francisco)

OMG i got an interview date (san francisco)

Old Feb 27th 2001, 5:26 am
mick

It finally came!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just over one year of waiting it came today! My interview
date is set for March 22, 2001. Told me to bring the usual...but for specifics here goes
(i have a question at bottom)

Must bring:

this notice proper ID EAD card(if have one) passport arrival document(if applicable) any
immigration documents you have been issued (such as ORIGINAL ins approval notices, APs,
etc) if it based upon marital status bring: joint income tax returns, insurance policies,
photographs, rent contracts, escrow papers, bank statements, car titles, current letter of
employment for you and your spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week, etc. Any other
doucmentation you present will be givenm consideration before a final decision is made.
The pettioner should bring proof of US citizenship, etc. all applicants who have filed an
I-864 MUST BRING the last three most recently filed federal income tax returns with form
W-2, and a current letter of employment for all sponsors. Then the suual notices about not
leaving country, interview may be videotaped, bring lawyer if have one, bring original
birth certificate as well as original of spouse/children, bring original registered
marriage certificate. My question now: Do we need a new I-864? My husbdna(sponsor)
switched jobs since last filing and wages went up.....should I do one just in case
or........

Also FYI I received fingerprint notice almost three weeks ago and go for fingerprinting on
the 28th. Will there be enough time for clearance?

Thank You

Old Feb 27th 2001, 12:00 pm
Andy Platt

>
filing
    >
Do one anyway. You don't need to give it to them if they don't want it.

>
    >

Touch and go. However, your interview date is on my brother's birthday so I have a good
feeling about it!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Feb 27th 2001, 4:18 pm
Cecilia Villa

You Need a new nortorized I-864. They will ask if everything is current, you also need a
letter from the employer stating hours and pay...

>
    >
    >
question
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
for
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
filing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 28th 2001, 2:07 am
mick

it also falls on my brother-in-laws birthday too...so double luck i suppose!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
I
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 1st 2001, 10:22 pm
Bruce A. Mah

[long list of items, question about new I-864]

>
    >

Are you sure about this? Nothing in the notice I received (the same, it appears as what
the original poster received) says anything about needing a new I-864.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Old Mar 2nd 2001, 10:15 am
Rete

You should submit a new I-864 if there is a change in employer or if the foreign spouse
wishes to have their income counted as well.

Rita

>
    >
    >
    >
you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 2nd 2001, 9:25 pm
Bruce A. Mah

>
    >

OK, sounds fair to me.

Thanks for the clarification!

Bruce.

Old Mar 2nd 2001, 11:55 pm
Julie

>
    >
    >

Dude!

I got my letter today, and our interview is on the same day, at 2:45 in the afternoon.
Does anyone know how long SF interviews generally take?

>
    >

God, I hope so, I did my fingerprints that day too.

Now I've got to go get the medical done, and get all the papers together for the 22nd.

Old Mar 7th 2001, 4:06 am
mick

Mine didn't either but I am going to do one anyways..might as well spend the 10 bux and be
safe..my husband also changed jobs and raised his income so thats why i'm doing it.

>
    >
    >
    >
you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >