OK What Does this Mean??

Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:57 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default OK What Does this Mean??

Just checked my case status online and it has changed since my biometrics app to:

On October 4, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

What are the "results of your fingerprint review"? That implies they have done something with my fingerprints already. Can they do that so quickly?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK What Does this Mean??

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Just checked my case status online and it has changed since my biometrics app to:

On October 4, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

What are the "results of your fingerprint review"? That implies they have done something with my fingerprints already. Can they do that so quickly?

Not laughing at you, CB, but find it funny when people ask "what does this mean?" Yes, that is exactly what it means. The fingerprints have been processed and the results logged in with the CIS. And yes, it usually happens with 1 to 7 days after being taken. Might take longer to make it to the CIS computer but not always.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:03 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I assume that means you just had your biometrics done? I can't remember, was this you first, or already your second biometrics? But yes, like Rete said this is perfectly normal.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:55 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Not laughing at you, CB, but find it funny when people ask "what does this mean?" Yes, that is exactly what it means. The fingerprints have been processed and the results logged in with the CIS. And yes, it usually happens with 1 to 7 days after being taken. Might take longer to make it to the CIS computer but not always.
Thanks Rete. So, a "fingerprint review" is just taking my fingerprints and getting them onto the CIS computer? I was confused as to what that actually meant. I know that have to do all sorts of FBI stuff with my details now and I was thinking, hey that can't have happened so quickly.

(And Rete, I've just recently started AOS so be prepared for more snort worthy cut and pastes! )
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Thanks Rete. So, a "fingerprint review" is just taking my fingerprints and getting them onto the CIS computer? I was confused as to what that actually meant. I know that have to do all sorts of FBI stuff with my details now and I was thinking, hey that can't have happened so quickly.

(And Rete, I've just recently started AOS so be prepared for more snort worthy cut and pastes! )

LOL, okay I will be girl scout prepared. Remember there are several "security checks" in addition to biometrics. There is also the name check with the FBI, IBIS and the CIA.

The name clearance is rather quick and this is causing much anger and frustration for waiting adjusters. In particular are those that have had the interview and are on "hold" because of waiting for the biometric clearance. Well the FBI tells them it is done and returned to the CIS, however, the CIS officer handling their case is so far behind in clearing pending petitions because they are dealing with so many first time interviews that these pending adjusters who have been interviewed are waiting months or years never hearing squat about their final approval.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:17 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

I had my biometrics done at the end of August, and there's no comment on the USCIS website yet. Only that they received the fee and have resumed processing.

Waaaah! Does this mean something is stalled somewhere?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:08 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Rete
LOL, okay I will be girl scout prepared. Remember there are several "security checks" in addition to biometrics. There is also the name check with the FBI, IBIS and the CIA.

The name clearance is rather quick and this is causing much anger and frustration for waiting adjusters. In particular are those that have had the interview and are on "hold" because of waiting for the biometric clearance. Well the FBI tells them it is done and returned to the CIS, however, the CIS officer handling their case is so far behind in clearing pending petitions because they are dealing with so many first time interviews that these pending adjusters who have been interviewed are waiting months or years never hearing squat about their final approval.
Oh boy. I was hoping to get my GC in 6 months! USCIS website is showing 5-5 1/2 months and my NOA1 says 120-180 days, so maybe I'll be lucky.

Dib, dib!