Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

OK I'm Starting to Get Excited Now....:)

OK I'm Starting to Get Excited Now....:)

Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK I'm Starting to Get Excited Now....:)

Called today just on my lunch hour to see if NVC had gotten our case from CSC. There was a jaw-dropping moment when my call not only got answered on the first try, but the message I got said "We're sorry, but due to the heavy call volume we're experiencing there will be a delay in speaking to an officer. The estimated time to speak to an officer will be 1 minute" (No that is not a typo).

That alone would have been enough to make my day given my still horrible memories of my first call to CSC. I certainly didn't expect much from today's call; after all, we just got our approval last Wednesday, and if they hadn't gotten Dekka's notice yet it would not have been anything to complain about.

But they had. And it has already GONE to Sydney!!!! Woo hoo!!

What seemed like aeons of time before my Beloved One would come home again is now beginning to fly by like crazy, almost too fast for those stuffy conservative lawyer types who need to be in control like myself . Everything that I just last week felt I was "no hurries no worries" CSC was dragging so slow (like getting serious about picking a place we will be married and have our wedding supper with the children, starting on my wedding dress, which will take weeks to finish) is now feeling like a huge pile of stuff with almost no time left to get it done.

But I am a happy, happy camper.

I know full well that things could still "go wrong" at the consulate, and that we can't settle with certainty on anything just yet. But it still doesn't stop me from marveling at the elasticity of time and the rollercoaster of emotions that my feelings about the delays have ridden through this entire fiance visa process.

So bear with me guys...no doubt as the train picks up steam and begins to leave the station heading towards Dekka's interview I know I will be both addled and crazed with questions just trying to have everything go right!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you!
I know your feeling. NVC received our file yesterday.
It's like during the months of waiting and frustration your emotions just go up and down. Some days were positive and some days I was so down. But now things are finally starting to happen! It's amazing how fast things seem to go after you get finished with the service centers. It is very exciting and relaxing to realize everything you've been daydreaming about is about to become a reality.
Kari
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that is great progress. I'm really happy for you. Hope the rest is just as easy.

Good luck,
Rohit
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:08 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Dekka's Angel,

Thanks for letting us all know the great news

Scott
Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

nini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OK I'm Starting to Get Excited Now....:)

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Called today just on my lunch hour to see if NVC had gotten our case from CSC. There was a jaw-dropping moment when my call not only got answered on the first try, but the message I got said "We're sorry, but due to the heavy call volume we're experiencing there will be a delay in speaking to an officer. The estimated time to speak to an officer will be 1 minute" (No that is not a typo).

That alone would have been enough to make my day given my still horrible memories of my first call to CSC. I certainly didn't expect much from today's call; after all, we just got our approval last Wednesday, and if they hadn't gotten Dekka's notice yet it would not have been anything to complain about.

But they had. And it has already GONE to Sydney!!!! Woo hoo!!

What seemed like aeons of time before my Beloved One would come home again is now beginning to fly by like crazy, almost too fast for those stuffy conservative lawyer types who need to be in control like myself . Everything that I just last week felt I was "no hurries no worries" CSC was dragging so slow (like getting serious about picking a place we will be married and have our wedding supper with the children, starting on my wedding dress, which will take weeks to finish) is now feeling like a huge pile of stuff with almost no time left to get it done.

But I am a happy, happy camper.

I know full well that things could still "go wrong" at the consulate, and that we can't settle with certainty on anything just yet. But it still doesn't stop me from marveling at the elasticity of time and the rollercoaster of emotions that my feelings about the delays have ridden through this entire fiance visa process.

So bear with me guys...no doubt as the train picks up steam and begins to leave the station heading towards Dekka's interview I know I will be both addled and crazed with questions just trying to have everything go right!
I know how you feel. I called NVC last week and were told my petition already sent oversea. I was suprised and happy. It was fast. However I've not done with waiting yet because my fiance is going through HCM consular in Vietnam, and we have 4 months wait for the interview. Vietnam is a very strict country, they do not even let me open the provisional file for my fiance. I'm glad for those who are going through London or European countries.

ni