Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

ok got the stamp in the passport..some questions

ok got the stamp in the passport..some questions

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Nocigar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ok got the stamp in the passport..some questions

I got approved in Hartford( it was a little painful cause I forgot a form I566, so I had to run to Kinkos get on the internet and fill it out on the spot). Anyway, the stamp looks rather ..how should I say this blahhh.

It looks like something someone could manufacture in their basement. I am rather skeptical of travelling on that stamp.

Secondly, the thing whole intervew seems like a blurr to me. I thought the officer takes a fingure print of your index fingure. Does that not happen anymore ?

Secondly, they are not going to change their mind after the stamp are they ?

I guess we all need something to worry about, I wont stop worrying till I have the actual card in my hand.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok got the stamp in the passport..some questions

Originally Posted by Nocigar
I got approved in Hartford( it was a little painful cause I forgot a form I566, so I had to run to Kinkos get on the internet and fill it out on the spot). Anyway, the stamp looks rather ..how should I say this blahhh.

It looks like something someone could manufacture in their basement. I am rather skeptical of travelling on that stamp.

Secondly, the thing whole intervew seems like a blurr to me. I thought the officer takes a fingure print of your index fingure. Does that not happen anymore ?

Secondly, they are not going to change their mind after the stamp are they ?

I guess we all need something to worry about, I wont stop worrying till I have the actual card in my hand.
Are you talking about the AOS interview? If so, then yes, the stamp is just a plain rubber stamp with some writing on it by the Officer. Others have used it to travel with no problems. No fingerprints were taken at my husband's AOS interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nocigar
I got approved in Hartford( it was a little painful cause I forgot a form I566, so I had to run to Kinkos get on the internet and fill it out on the spot).
What is form I-566? I don't recall using that form during our visa or AOS process.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What is form I-566? I don't recall using that form during our visa or AOS process.

Rene
Answered my own question: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-566.htm

Wow...interesting.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Nocigar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Answered my own question: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-566.htm

Wow...interesting.

Rene
I had to do I566 because I came to this country on a A-2 visa. It is need to give up Diplomatic immunity and so on.