Default OHIP Card?

Hi There,
I am canadian living in USA for almost 2 yrs now im just wondering if
i can keep my ohip card while im here in USA or do i have to tell them
that im not in canada anymore?

thanks

Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OHIP Card?

Originally Posted by Rj
I am canadian living in USA for almost 2 yrs now im just wondering if i can keep my ohip card while im here in USA or do i have to tell them that im not in canada anymore?
If I remember correctly, your OHIP coverage ended 3 months after you moved out of Ontario. While the provinces have reciprocal agreements of coverage if you move within Canada, the US has no such agreement with Canada. Toss the card, it's of no use to you now. You don't need to notify anyone.

Ian
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:14 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

I looked into it awhile ago and you must reside in Canada like 265 days in a calender year..

I guess if you plan on moving back some day you may want to use it.. it would be reinstated after 265 days.. I think.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If I remember correctly, your OHIP coverage ended 3 months after you moved out of Ontario. While the provinces have reciprocal agreements of coverage if you move within Canada, the US has no such agreement with Canada. Toss the card, it's of no use to you now. You don't need to notify anyone.

Ian

Jim lost his as soon as the Canadian government found out he was no longer a resident of Canada but a resident of the US. They found this out from his crossing the border with a K-1 visa. Also not paying taxes and/or paying taxes in Canada but with a US address is another way of their knowing you are not a resident any longer of Canada.

Rete