Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long to get the GC card after an approved interview?

How long to get the GC card after an approved interview?

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough
Default How long to get the GC card after an approved interview?

How long to get the GC card after being approved and getting the stamp at the interview?

We had our interview on 09/19/05, and I have not received the card yet. The online status has not changed at all.

Any other experiences?
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long to get the GC card after an approved interview?

Originally Posted by Mr. Z19
How long to get the GC card after being approved and getting the stamp at the interview?

We had our interview on 09/19/05, and I have not received the card yet. The online status has not changed at all.

Any other experiences?
Hi:

It takes the amount of time between date of approval and the date of receipt. You've only given us the date of approval. Once you give us the date of receipt, then the answer can be given.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Any other experiences?
Hi Mr. Z19,

There are several who have gotten the GC within a week of the interview approval, but there are also some who are still waiting quite a while after the interview approval.

If it gets too far past due, you can make an Infopass appointment to inquire about it...but I'd give it a few months to show up.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Mr. Z19,

There are several who have gotten the GC within a week of the interview approval, but there are also some who are still waiting quite a while after the interview approval.

If it gets too far past due, you can make an Infopass appointment to inquire about it...but I'd give it a few months to show up.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Rene:

I've have clients naturalize who have NEVER received the I-551.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Rene:

I've have clients naturalize who have NEVER received the I-551.
Wow!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:33 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Any other experiences?
Our AO at the Seattle office said it could take up to a year, but it was about three weeks. My attorney says 2-4 weeks for approvals through the Seattle office is what she is currently seeing.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:42 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Any other experiences?
3 1/2 weeks for me!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our green card interview on Friday and were told we would receive it within a week.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:02 pm
Expat Aussie

Location: Gainesville, VA, USA / Alice Springs, NT, Australia
AussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant future

Any other experiences?
Z19:
My approval letter said to expect the card sometime within the next year, it's been almost 3 months since I was approved - no GC yet. I made enquiries to the mis-information line and made an noinfopass appointment, and all they could tell me is that the card hadn't been mailed yet - the kind of helpful and informative respose I've come to expect...

I have the stamp in my PP, so as far as I'm concerned, they can take all the time they want to send me the card. I intend to apply for naturalisation as soon as I'm eligible, I won't be surprised if my GC turns up after I get citizenship, in which case I'll sell it on eBay (just kidding!)
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:25 am
Just Joined

hollyga is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I had my AOS interview in Atlanta (Aug 2, 2005) & re-do my biometrics & fingeprints the same day. My passport was not stamped bec BCIS needs the new bio & fingerprints. The results of the new bio & fingerprints were submitted to BCIS on Aug 10, 2005 to BCIS & my AOS was approved (Sept 27, 2005), I checked these info on BCIS website. We received letters of approval from BCIS on Sept 30, 2005. We received the green card on the mail yesterday (Oct 3, 2005)!
I hope these info helps.