Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

OH MY GOD !!!!! SOOO HAPPY SELECTIVE SERVICE!!

OH MY GOD !!!!! SOOO HAPPY SELECTIVE SERVICE!!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default OH MY GOD !!!!! SOOO HAPPY SELECTIVE SERVICE!!

Hello guys!!!!
This is so wonderfull, I am glad I made the phone call to selective service, I told the lady that I couldn't remember if I was registered for selective service. AND guess what I AM!!!! She said USCIS automatically registered me in Feb 2006 and she is mailing me my selective registration card within 7-10 business days.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of
Default Re: OH MY GOD !!!!! SOOO HAPPY SELECTIVE SERVICE!!

That's good news; I'm sure it's a big relief.

i'm a bit confused though. You said in the other thread you were older than 26 when you were granted permanent residency; prior to this, you had overstayed as a visitor. In what capacity were you dealing with the USCIS?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Hello guys!!!!
This is so wonderfull, I am glad I made the phone call to selective service, I told the lady that I couldn't remember if I was registered for selective service. AND guess what I AM!!!! She said USCIS automatically registered me in Feb 2006 and she is mailing me my selective registration card within 7-10 business days.
That card will probably say basic training start in 2 weeks ..and christmas
will be in Iraq
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marty J
That's good news; I'm sure it's a big relief.

i'm a bit confused though. You said in the other thread you were older than 26 when you were granted permanent residency; prior to this, you had overstayed as a visitor. In what capacity were you dealing with the USCIS?

Did he originally say that the DMV asked if he wanted to be signed up?

I have always been under the impression that as soon as you file for AOS you had to sign up. In fact, at one time, the then named INS did sign you up automatically.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys!!!!
milan, congratulations on you registration.

What about the time prior to Feb 2006?

Hm, interesting. My entry was 2003 on visitor visa, at that time I was 25 years old. Overstayed my visitor visa married in 2005 filed I-485 June 2005 , July 2005 turned 27, been told by many attorney, people on here that I didn't have to register, because on SS website it says if you entered on visitior visa not required to register, even tho they say "illegal alien" have to register, I have been told overstaying visitor visa is not being illegal alien. Got approved for PR in November 05 age of 27. So am I ok or not. Its very confussing.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry I counted my birthday wrong I was actually 25 lol. It don't matter as long as I am registered. And Ray if I would have to go to service lets be it. I will be doing it for this country
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

That was not me Rete it was someone else talking about DMV
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

I am sorry I counted my birthday wrong I was actually 25 lol. It don't matter as long as I am registered. And Ray if I would have to go to service lets be it. I will be doing it for this country
No, you'd be doing it to suit the purposes of some fat cats in Washington who are trying to make as big a pile of money as they can.

But oh well, at least you're registered.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them your a chef and want the catering corp....
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand.

If a person is meant to be registered between the ages of 18 and 26, and they have been in the US from, let's say age 22, I don't think it means that you can walk in the day before you 26th birthday, register, and then behave as if "I'm registered!" as if it counts backward for all the time you were supposed to be registered.

I don't even know if it's going to make any difference for your case, but the discussion slowly is driving me mad....
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Who says I just got registered??? The lady from sss told me USCIS registered me back in 06 effective Feb 22nd.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:17 pm

Who says I just got registered??? The lady from sss told me USCIS registered me back in 06 effective Feb 22nd.
Whatever. Happy naturalizing, milan.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Meaxna why you seem to be upset, to be honest with you I never knew I had to register and USCIS registered me on Feb 22nd 2006, and I didnt even know. So why the whatever and FYI I cant file for USC until Nov of 2010 anyway.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Not that it really matters, but was there a gap between when your legal status ran out and when you registered with selective service?

If you weren't there on a valid visa, then you needed to be registered.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I was on valid visa yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.