Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts moved from I-751 thread

Off-topic posts moved from I-751 thread

Old Dec 31st 2009, 10:54 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Off-topic posts moved from I-751 thread

Originally Posted by Sue
Matt,

You deleted your post after another member had responded to you. You may make posts as posts, not as comments in the 'reason for deleting'. lostlove replied to a comment that was not there; so therefore her response was deleted too.

If you want to participate, please do so in posts, not in the comment portion of a deleted post.

Thanks
Thanks Sue,
I also noticed that I no longer have the ability to edit a post. Is that a decision made by those in charge or something else. Actually, once I hit the submit button on this post, I'll be able to see if the "edit" button is there. So lets give this a try.

If you don't see an edit by me, then apparently I'm no longer allowed to edit a post. This seems unusual to me that I would not be allowed to edit a post, but hey, I'm not in charge here.

Happy New Year, from Santa Cruz!

Edit: Edit button is there. Thank you. I assume it was taken away from me for just that particular post. Or does the option to edit a post expire after a certain amount of time?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 751 and separated need help!!!

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Edit: Edit button is there. Thank you. I assume it was taken away from me for just that particular post. Or does the option to edit a post expire after a certain amount of time?
You can only edit a post for a short while after making the post, a couple hours tops though once someone replies to the post you shouldn't be able to make further edits.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
BE members are only given a certain amount of time to edit a post, after a certain amount of time, the edit feature is automatically disabled. Not sure how long that time frame is, though. But it's the same for everyone.

Rene
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
BE members are only given a certain amount of time to edit a post, after a certain amount of time, the edit feature is automatically disabled. Not sure how long that time frame is, though. But it's the same for everyone.

Rene
I think it's a couple of hours.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:08 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You can only edit a post for a short while after making the post, a couple hours tops though once someone replies to the post you shouldn't be able to make further edits.
Maybe that was it (maybe someone had replied by then) but it was only a couple of minutes later when the edit button vanished.

Edit: No, I guess that wasn't it as I still have the edit button on the post I made a few minutes ago even though others have replied. So perhaps it was someone with a little bit of power who didn't like what it was I had to say. Typical for this board.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Dec 31st 2009 at 11:11 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Matt,

As others have pointed out, there is a time limit for editing posts, there is no conspiracy. So I ask two things of you: 1. Stop making posts only to delete them a few mins later. 2. Please adhere to rule 14 of our site rule which states "Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums."

As the last page of this thread has gone so far off-topic I have moved them to their own thread. I am also closing this new thread as this discussion is only going around in circles.