Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Off topic posts moved from Bit of a situation thread

Off topic posts moved from Bit of a situation thread

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off topic posts moved from Bit of a situation thread

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So, not only did you get a girl pregnant, you cheated on your partner to do it! You sound like a real catch!
Perhaps next time, you'll attempt to fully consider the ramifications of your actions before you unzip your pants.
I hope the moderators will allow me this rant as I'm frustrated by some people on this forum who seem to think it is acceptable to continuously make subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) rude/offensive/sarcastic comments.
People reach out to others on this forum for (real) help and advice - not to be judged and made fun of. Judgement of their personal matters don't help them at all, and should be kept to oneself.... besides they care little about the personal views of others. Holier-than-thou style comments are extremely annoying and uncalled for and should be avoided, so please refrain from giving personal advice and focus on the type of advice sought - immigration advice.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:01 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit of a situation!!!! Any advice much appreciated

Luckily neither you nor the OP gets to predetermine what sort of advice or comments people choose to give. This forum continues to live and breathe because of people like the contributor you have highlighted.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superkruz
Judgement of their personal matters don't help them at all, and should be kept to oneself...
I suggest that if people truly don't want to be judged, then irrelevant information shouldn't be included. The girl's situation is irrelevant except as it relates to his "need" to be in the US.

The moderator is always free to delete any inappropriate comments - I don't have a problem with that... but if someone puts the information out there, then I don't have a problem commenting on it.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Luckily neither you nor the OP gets to predetermine what sort of advice or comments people choose to give. This forum continues to live and breathe because of people like the contributor you have highlighted.
"Sanctimonious Prick" by his own admission - that says it all.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

.. but if someone puts the information out there, then I don't have a problem commenting on it.
Since it seems you are having difficulty in comprehending what I meant, I will spell it out for you - You can comment all you want, just keep it civil and don't be mean. If you cannot see the "line" that you cross from time to time, there's no point in continuing this debate.
You are clearly knowledgeable in immigration-related matters, and I appreciate your willingness to share it on this public forum. Rudeness, on the other hand, I don't appreciate and, like you, will comment on it whenever I encounter it.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Funny. I don't see where anyone apart from the mods have been appointed to decide what's acceptable and what's not!

If I don't like a comment, I generally find it's a lot better for my blood pressure if I ignore it and move on. Picking fights with the long-standing members of this forum does not usually help.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Report anything overly insulting; hopefully no-one is untouchable if content is generally deemed unacceptable.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Funny. I don't see where anyone apart from the mods have been appointed to decide what's acceptable and what's not
You're quite right, but that shouldn't preclude others from highlighting what they deem unacceptable.

Originally Posted by Guindalf
If I don't like a comment, I generally find it's a lot better for my blood pressure if I ignore it and move on. Picking fights with the long-standing members of this forum does not usually help.
Right again, yet I was just so sick of this behavior that I had to say something, long standing member or not. I'm not the first, nor will I be the last, to comment on repeated behavior of this kind by certain members. If more members speak up maybe they'll change their behavior.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superkruz
Rudeness, on the other hand, I don't appreciate and, like you, will comment on it whenever I encounter it.
You are certainly free to express your opinions! So, what's the difference between you and me? I wouldn't presume to dictate to you the manner in which those opinions are expressed.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

Report anything overly insulting...
I agree!

... hopefully no-one is untouchable if content is generally deemed unacceptable.
I, personally, am not untouchable. I received a ban from BE several years ago... and I'd be surprised if I wasn't banned again at some point in the future. I must say, the first one was truly deserved... after I told someone that since her mother knew she had cancer, that the mother's death shouldn't have come as any great shock to her family. That was a bit over the top, don't you think? I'm far more civil nowadays than I was then!

Ian
Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic posts moved from Bit of a situation thread

I was thinking what Ian said in that thread.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 9:01 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I think that a poll would indicate that most people were!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 12:11 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I wasn't thinking that politely.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 25th 2014, 2:29 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I think that a poll would indicate that most people were!
I'd bet $10 the poll would!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.